Pandora issues?
easton714

I have had my phone for a little over a week (I love it!).  The first three days or so I used Pandora radio constantly.  It worked great and a loved it.

Then, all of a sudden, it doesn't work anymore.  It tries to load forever and then says they are experiencing "unexpected technical difficulties".  I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times and it does not help.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks much. 

0 Likes
Re: Pandora issues?
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

Pandora's been working fine on my end consistantly.  I can add, that recently I have been hearing ads for crap that i didnt hear before!  Did you recently upgrade the the newest pandora on the market?  I would suggest you try to reinstall the previous version if you can.

Dj.

0 Likes
easton714

How would I do that?

When the problems started I simply uninstalled and reinstalled from the Market.  I have done that again several times since...and nothing.  It doesn't work at all.

I really miss using it and nobody else seems to have this problem.

In case I can't fix it for some reason, is there anything similar out there?

0 Likes
sHaY_j
Contributor - Level 3

Try launching the app on WiFi or 3G. The app shouldn't give you problems after this. Hope this helps!

0 Likes
djtonic
Contributor - Level 2

I stream Pandora almost all day but Slacker Radio and Last FM are very good too.  I think Pandora does a better job finding songs I would like though.

OK> here are some things to try FIRST.

Settings

Applications

Manage Applications>Find your Pandora app and press it.

find buttons for "force stop" and "clear cache" "clear user data" or anything similar to that.

Press all those, starting w/ force stop.

Then launch Pandora and see if your issues have been resolved.

IF NOT!!!

Turn off you phone

Hold "HOME" button and Power on.

continue to hold "home" til a triangle pops up.

Press the search button. you are now in the system recovery menu.

Scroll down to "wipe cache partition" by pressing the volume down key.

Then press the menu or the camera button and say yes to everything.

Reboot and launch Pandora to see if that fixed it.

If nothing works you can look for an older version by googling it and enabling "unknown sources" under the applications settings.  then you can install any .apk file even if you didnt download from the market..

Oh and @ Shay_J, Use on 3G and WiFi?? Yup, drive your car on the road and breathe air while you are at it. 

OP didn't specify that that his/her usage habits or location has changed so to assume the application is not being run on the proper "signal" is a bit insulting.  Besides, doesnt verizon have the "most reliable 3G coverage"?

Good Luck

Dj

0 Likes