POP3 (through dishmail.net) emails are deleting themselves from the phone
hokiejay
Enthusiast - Level 2

I get an alert that I have an email, open it (but I am not deleting it).  The next time i go to the email tab, the message is not there.  when I check for messages, it doesnt come up, but it also isnt in the trash folder either.

What on earth is going on here?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: POP3 (through dishmail.net) emails are deleting themselves from the phone
hokiejay
Enthusiast - Level 2

I originally set up the account as a POP, but then went back and did it imap and it has worked fine, who knows

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dave1812
Contributor - Level 1

just a guess, but maybe there is an option on the phone that hides "read messages".  dig around

0 Likes
hokiejay
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, I thought of that too..... the last one that came in, after i read it, I marked it as unread to see if that made a difference.  I just checked and the last one that came in is gone, not in inbox and not in trash.

Thanks.

0 Likes
hokiejay
Enthusiast - Level 2

I originally set up the account as a POP, but then went back and did it imap and it has worked fine, who knows

0 Likes
maryhitt

I don't have dishmail.net.  I have windstream.net.

But I am having the same problem.  They disappear after I open them.  I am not set up to have these emails forwarded to my Gmail account.  I wanted to keep the Gmail mail and the Windstream mail separate, which I thought I could do with this phone. 

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to solve this problem.

0 Likes
someoneelse

I am reading this and looking for the solution???? 

My email will just disappear after a few days.  I tend to delete the emails as they come in, but a few I would like to keep in the phone for a few weeks until they are no longer valid.  My inbox will have about 10 emails in it, and then suddenly five will be gone.  Sometime this happens over night, over a period of a few hours, of when I power off the phone.  It is a POP email account and my IPOD touch handles the same email account just fine.  None of these devises are set to erase the email from the server..... Help.

0 Likes
NoleDroid

I am having exactly the same problems.  Tried deleting the account and setting it up again, still no luck.  The emails were there for the first few days, and now they are gone.  Not getting all emails into my account (comcast.net account), and after opening, they are gone. 

There is nothing solved with this message thread . . .   can anyone fix that, and more importantly, is there a solution to this problem?

0 Likes
ESDSKeith

I will get a few emails and while looking at them they all delete off the phone. They stay  on my server though so when I check on computer they are there. I'm thinking that the delete key is right on the bottom right of the phone and the heat from your hand sets the   button off. A fix could be a confirmation of are you sure you want to delete this email.  Then we would knows the cause. I can not find  a setting for that. What is strange though is that they will all delete  at once. Only had the phone   for a day and it concerns me. I am sure they will give a fix, just need enough people to notify them of this glitch.

0 Likes
NoleDroid

I was having problems with emails not coming through, and deleting themselvers, and being sent a message of having a new email, but then it would not be there.  The solution that worked for me was something I found after reading LOTS of these messages on the forum.   I went to my computer at home and changed the settings to leave messages on the server.  That has solved all the problems . . . .  so far!  Keeping my fingers crossed.  With Windows Mail, go to Tools - Accounts - and click on Properties.  You'll see the option to leave mail on the server, put a checkmark there!

I'm now much, much happier with my phone!!

0 Likes