POP email not retrieving messages
rick02840

Having problem with my Motorla Droid whereby POP email account hangs on downloading new messages.   Says it is downloading but doesn't.  What fixes it is powering down phone and powering on again.  Gmail does not have this problem.

Separatley, I sure hope later versions have delete all functionality for email. My Blackberry had that.

0 Likes
Re: POP email not retrieving messages
difrompi

Bump.  I'm having the same issue.

0 Likes
tdavisjr

Same here.  GMail just fine. But, when I try Windows Live Mail, I initialy get my first few messenges; but I don't get anyting after that.

0 Likes
difrompi

As I'm sitting here watching this painfully boring Steelers game (hockey is so, so much better...), I came across this "fix."  Take out your battery for a few minutes.  Try it again.  It worked for me.  For now...  This cannot be a regular thing, though...

0 Likes
zekeman

I'm having the same issue.  I did the battery swap out once or twice, but that got old.  I finally downloaded Toggle Setting and have been killing the email process every time I find it hanging.  That seems to do the trick for a short while, but then it'll eventually start up again.

It's a little annoying to be honest.  If there are 2 things these phones should be able to do it's - make phone calls and retrieve emails.  Phone calls have been good so far, but I'm far from pleased with the quality of the email.

Anyone know if this is an Android Bug, Verizon firewall issue or something else?

Z.

0 Likes
bobcus

Same Problem. It gets hung up connecting to the incoming POP server. Occasionally comes back for a while if you wait long enough. The only way to force recovery is hard reset.

Just waiting for a bug fix...

0 Likes
rjones

This, thank goodness, is not one of the problems I have. The DROID email client has worked flawlessly for me with my astound.net email account, which I use more than anything on my smart phone. It would never work on the Treo.

0 Likes
SSHGuru
Contributor - Level 1

Same issue here.  Woke up to no emails and had to do a battery pull.   I think turning it off and on will also work.

They do need a fix for this it's a pain.

0 Likes
androidtapp

What email client are you all using for POP3 email?

Is your POP3 account on personal/company web servers?

0 Likes
SSHGuru
Contributor - Level 1

I use Comcast POP and Godaddy POP and One other one for a business...

So it's a universal issue.

0 Likes