PLEASE STOP CREATING NEW THREADS....
AZSALUKI
Legend

regarding 2.2 froyo!!!! i know....ironic...hypocritical of me to post this one. HOWEVER, there are now a dozen different threads started on the FIRST visible page of our incredible forum. this pushes other topics to the next page and people looking for help with other issues get lost in the shuffle. if you have some input or just want to complain with the rest of us, there are ALREADY PLENTY of threads running. use them please!

0 Likes
Re: PLEASE STOP CREATING NEW THREADS....
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
I agree. I'm no veteran on this site but all the new threads is getting crazy. Some are posting hourly lol. I tried to tell one guy to ease up. These forums aren't set up like a chat room. You think they'll go back and solve all these threads when they get the update? I bet money no.
On another note... I hope that OTA rolls soon. Not just for my sake, but these threaders. I'm giving it till Wednesday before I go another route. Not voiding my warranty though. Feel me?
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

yeah.....i'll actually just wait until whenever. all i really want is flash10.1 and the 720p recording, but i can wait for both. i just feel bad for the peeps that pose a question or issue they have, and within a day or 2 their thread gets bumped to page 2 (where most people will not find it) and it never gets resolved. i have no gripe with anyone that want s to complain about this whole mess....but it could be done through 1 or 2 (3 at most) of the same threads. there must already be 5 that just ask "does anyone have it yet?" that should be one thread. but whatever..... i don't expect a whole lot of class around this forum.....so they can turn the first 5 pages into the same topic if they so wish, i suppose.

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

I'm going to use this thread as my main tool for finding out as much info as possible without getting on many sites and creating new threads to discuss this topic. Wonder what topic I'm talking about? I bet you do. Check the links if you are savvy enough.

Android Central 08-30 link - #1

Droid Life Main Page

Engadget Mobile Main Page

Phandroid Main Page  /  Android Forums - HTC Incredible

Android Guys Main Page

Mobile Android News Main Page

These link will redirect you off this site.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

glad to see the 720 since someone else posted that a rep said 2.2 for the inc was missing it. that's one of the 2 features i want!!!!

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

This is a screenshot from 2 months ago when we were supposed to get the 720p/hot-spot update. Notice the HTC logo on the top of the phone? Its a tester phone for VZW. So this update is very old indeed and is very much going to be on the update. I think the problem here is people once again getting confused by all this DROID nonsense. Anyways... hope this list above helps. It's the most informative news when it comes to this update and whats happening.

0 Likes
MrDew

Hmm good idea. Any instead of posting this multiple times and I know at least a few of us who have posted on here know.

It is comming, its random, and yes I might seem like only 10 ppl get it a day. But how many people own the incredible? Probably quite a few and how many of those people either didn't know an update was coming or bother posting on here or other sites. I for one know at least 20 people who had no idea that the original droid was getting 2.2 I asked them about it about a week after it was pretty much done and they all said yah we got it within the first week I told them about it. They didn't post it up and they still havent. So we will never know how many people actually have it just trust its coming in.

In other news. Apparently the newly shipped Droid INcs. might be shipping with froyo  pre-installed via droidlife. lol

Go figure but it does make sense and means less ota's they have to do.

0 Likes
elmariachi
Enthusiast - Level 3

I haven't had a chance to view the 720p content on anything other than the phone I recorded it on but the recording screen is choppy. Playback is a little choppy too.

Video doesn't has as much uh, "pop" as my friends i-phone 4 when he recorded scenery outside in broad daylight. Then again I recorded in my office so YMMV.

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
I'm hopeful but doubtful the 720p is going to be a mind blower.
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

anything....pics or video, are much crisper out in natural light than nside. my experience anyhow. my pics and video are decent at best in my house...but outside they are every bit as nice as my digital camera and video camera.

0 Likes