PLEASE HELP droid 2 global trouble syncing goggle calendar
tmax1964

Just got the droid 2 global, went to enter an appoinment in my calendar for the first time , message comes up saying "must sync with calendar before entering an event".. ok so I never had to do this with my Droid x. but we went on goggle.com on a PC followed instructions in syncing calendar and it didnt work, on the phone I looked in the accounts tab them clicked on gmail and there were only two options one was SYNC CONTACTS, the other SYNC GMAIL,  in my X I have three options the same two and the third is SYNC CALENDAR.  so How so we get this to work???? cant even use another caledar app off market, it keeps giving same message. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!!

0 Likes
Re: PLEASE HELP droid 2 global trouble syncing goggle calendar
Holly_SwordLily

on my droid 2 the one that came out before yours i added a gmail account i didnt need and then the option came up for me to sync my calender with the gmail account i wanted, then i deleted the gmail account i didnt need. i know confusing for me to but this worked. good luck.

0 Likes
skiavalanche42

That worked. Thanks for the input. You saved a lot of frustration

0 Likes
jscrizzz
Downloaded app killer and killed all apps. No more prob so far!
0 Likes
newDroid2Global

This worked for me on my Droid 2 Global!!  I spent 2 days trying to figure out how to get the calendar to sync without having to reset my phone back to the factory default.  I created a new gmail account on my computer with a calendar (added a couple of entries to it) then added this account to my Droid 2 Global phone and to my surprise, the calendar was synced for both of my google (gmail) accounts.   Thank you!!!

0 Likes
Holly_SwordLily

Holly_SwordLily wrote:

on my droid 2 the one that came out before yours i added a gmail account i didnt need and then the option came up for me to sync my calendar with the gmail account i wanted, then i deleted the gmail account i didnt need. i know confusing for me to but this worked. good luck.

for those of you this worked for it was my husband who figured it out. it helps to have a computer expert in the house ^^ most answers i have been able to find via google but sometimes you got to go to the pros :smileyhappy:

0 Likes