Out of memory!!!
Kaitlin

My sister's dx is constantly out of memory since the GB update, she has a task killer (that's not set to autokill, it was the task killer that VZW techs were actually putting on the phones when the droids were first coming out) and if we try to kill any tasks it says there is....67mb of memory left. She's not running any crazy widgets, just the normal contacts, clock, and a few others. She's also got a live wallpaper going but before the GB update her phone would always have at least 110mb of memory available, apps would run quicker, and her battery lasted longer even with a bright screen. She only uses the phone for email, texts, and the occasional checking and posting on facebook...what else could be EATING her memory like that?

0 Likes
Re: Out of memory!!!
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Take the task killer off. And any battery managers she might have. Task killers and battery managers are useless, and only kill the battery and use memory. That is what's killing her memory.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

vereyezuhn wrote:

Take the task killer off. And any battery managers she might have. Task killers and battery managers are useless, and only kill the battery and use memory. That is what's killing her memory.

Try installing Task Panel and set option under settings to monitor system for a few days and see what it report that is using large amounts of your memory...  https://market.android.com/details?id=nextapp.systempanel&feature=search_result

0 Likes
B33
Legend

@ Kaitlin has your sister done a Factory Reset on her X either before or after the Ginger update if not it probably would'nt hurt to do one an as for the new OS it is going to use some space but there should be enough on her X to ocompany it but it all depends on what she has on the phone an what Size the SD card is when i got mine it was released with a 16 GB carb but some time after the first of the year they maid a change an went with a smaller card. So that might factor in. But if she has'nt done a factory reset she should so the Ginger OS has a fresh platform to be on. but tell her she needs to back her contacts up. to the Sd card or Google an her apps as well.

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend
good tip on task panel
0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I am glad Ann154 and other users suggested this a while back because it has been one very helpful app..

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Yep, one of the best IMHO. I actually bought the APP several months ago. It has been VERY handy in isolating issues.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Is the free version just as good as the paid version i'm thinking of getting it.  just wondering wich is best.

0 Likes