Otterbox defender case sometimes prevents touch screen operation
skdaddle

My Droid charge screen goes black during or at the end of a phone call and no amount of touching the screen or pushing the buttons on the phone anywhere makes any difference.  I have to take the rubber covering off and open the Otterbox case to get the screen to light back up.  Everything on the screen is exactly where it would have been without the case when I do this and I can close the phone conversation and get the phone back to the main screen, then put it all back together in the case again.  I could understand if the Otterbox screen was too thick to allow me to touch the phone pad keys on the screen, but why can't any of the external buttons override this for me?  It doesn't happen all the time, but enough to make it somewhat annoying, as the phone call remains connected until I get thru the process of removing it from the case.  Someone on the other end has probably been the recipient of some carefully chosen epithets as I struggled to get the phone call disconnected from my end, I'm sure.
I'm happy with this phone, don't get me wrong, but I need to know if anyone else has had this experience and how they are dealing with it.  I have to use the phone in my construction work, so the Otterbox is also a necessity.

0 Likes