Old e-mails keep resetting to new
lizardbiker

I love my new Droid, but am getting annoyed at the fact that my emails keep coming up as new emails, even though they are old emails. How do I configure my Droid to stop thinking old emails are new and alerting me?

0 Likes
Re: Old e-mails keep resetting to new
SSHGuru
Contributor - Level 1

Download K-9 Mail, use that instead of the native mail application.   Problem solved - it's free.

On the native mail application change the settings to never check or you will have two email programs working at once.

0 Likes
curtis864

Good luck.  I posted the exact same question and someone suggested I use K-9.  Problem is, I already was using K-9 email.  I'm still getting notified over and over about the same stupid emails even though I keep deleting them, and yes, K-9 is my email source.

0 Likes
SSHGuru
Contributor - Level 1

With K-9 if you mark all read you won't be bothered with them again.

I don't ever delete I just read it or clear the alert.   When a new email comes the old ones appear if they have not been marked as read.

0 Likes
glinc
Contributor - Level 1

Yup, that is one of the problems I had with the Droid.  Since I have like 4-5 pages of old emails that are marked read, the droid will pull old emails from my inbox and mark them as new also.  If it only had a email system like the blackberries then it would be perfect.

0 Likes