OTA update..........phone is bricked
lulu836

I did a OTA update today and now my phone is a paperweight.  When I turned it on after the update I get a screen that looks like the following and the green light is constantly lit:

BootLoader

Err:A5,70,00,00,23

Battery OK

OK to Program

Connect USB

Data Cable

What is going on?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: OTA update..........phone is bricked
LaChouffe
Enthusiast - Level 2

DON'T do the DROID X update. It will brick your phone and Verizon will not help at all. (tech support & in store)  The reps kept telling me "sorry for the inconvenience" but you can upgrade your phone.   My point is simple: prior to update my phone worked; after the update it is a brick.  They still offered no support and told me to call Motorola.

Motorola should take the phone back but will leave you without a phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Sounds like a master reset is in order

0 Likes
Not applicable

If a master reset works, the phone is not "bricked".

But is does appear that a master reset is a viable option.

0 Likes
LaChouffe
Enthusiast - Level 2

DON'T do the DROID X update. It will brick your phone and Verizon will not help at all. (tech support & in store)  The reps kept telling me "sorry for the inconvenience" but you can upgrade your phone.   My point is simple: prior to update my phone worked; after the update it is a brick.  They still offered no support and told me to call Motorola.

Motorola should take the phone back but will leave you without a phone.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend
0 Likes
Gojo456789

This happened to my Droid X and I contacted Motorola. They did have me send it and at no charge too! We'll see what happens when I get the phone back in 5-7 business days. Down side is I'm paying for a phone I can't use. I'll keep you guys posted.

0 Likes
Cornelio78

Mine works, but since the update at various times I will not get any alert sounds played and I have to restart my phone to get them working again.  No ringing phone, no alert text message sound, no Alarm buzzing when it goes off, nothing.  At times when i take a photo and go to the gallery to look at it there is a broken image icon there. Restarting the phone helps with that as well.  Is that the same problem?  Or part of it anyways?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Gojo456789,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing inconsistent performance on your Droid X after the latest software update. Have you attempted to run the device in safe mode to determine if third party apps may be causing the issues?

http://bit.ly/qndXiA

If you run the device in safe mode for a while and the performance doesn't change, I recommend completing a hard reset.

http://bit.ly/oV4Meh

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
lulu836

I took my bricked Droid X to the local VZ store.  Verizon Corp. sent me a new phone, no questions asked.  They paid the shipping.  All apps were restored along with music, messages, pictures etc.

0 Likes