Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring the phone you love. OR get iPhone 13, on us. Online only. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 1.31. Buy now
end of navigation menu
OTA update..........phone is bricked
lulu836

I did a OTA update today and now my phone is a paperweight.  When I turned it on after the update I get a screen that looks like the following and the green light is constantly lit:

BootLoader

Err:A5,70,00,00,23

Battery OK

OK to Program

Connect USB

Data Cable

What is going on?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: OTA update..........phone is bricked
LaChouffe
Enthusiast

DON'T do the DROID X update. It will brick your phone and Verizon will not help at all. (tech support & in store)  The reps kept telling me "sorry for the inconvenience" but you can upgrade your phone.   My point is simple: prior to update my phone worked; after the update it is a brick.  They still offered no support and told me to call Motorola.

Motorola should take the phone back but will leave you without a phone.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Sounds like a master reset is in order

0 Likes
Not applicable

If a master reset works, the phone is not "bricked".

But is does appear that a master reset is a viable option.

0 Likes
LaChouffe
Enthusiast

DON'T do the DROID X update. It will brick your phone and Verizon will not help at all. (tech support & in store)  The reps kept telling me "sorry for the inconvenience" but you can upgrade your phone.   My point is simple: prior to update my phone worked; after the update it is a brick.  They still offered no support and told me to call Motorola.

Motorola should take the phone back but will leave you without a phone.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend
0 Likes
Gojo456789

This happened to my Droid X and I contacted Motorola. They did have me send it and at no charge too! We'll see what happens when I get the phone back in 5-7 business days. Down side is I'm paying for a phone I can't use. I'll keep you guys posted.

0 Likes
Cornelio78

Mine works, but since the update at various times I will not get any alert sounds played and I have to restart my phone to get them working again.  No ringing phone, no alert text message sound, no Alarm buzzing when it goes off, nothing.  At times when i take a photo and go to the gallery to look at it there is a broken image icon there. Restarting the phone helps with that as well.  Is that the same problem?  Or part of it anyways?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello Gojo456789,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing inconsistent performance on your Droid X after the latest software update. Have you attempted to run the device in safe mode to determine if third party apps may be causing the issues?

http://bit.ly/qndXiA

If you run the device in safe mode for a while and the performance doesn't change, I recommend completing a hard reset.

http://bit.ly/oV4Meh

Sincerely,

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
lulu836

I took my bricked Droid X to the local VZ store.  Verizon Corp. sent me a new phone, no questions asked.  They paid the shipping.  All apps were restored along with music, messages, pictures etc.

0 Likes