Re: OTA update finally on it's way
Mjc4jc
Wait for the nexus if you can...
0 Likes
creator69
Enthusiast - Level 2

according to my phone i'm up to do date and cannont update the manual way. and i'm not on new version

0 Likes
VEN

This morning I did a manual check of "system updates" in the "settings" menu like I was doing few times in the past 2 to 3 days and there it was. I downloaded the update which tool like 7 to 8 minutes. It was successful. The new version shows 5.5.893. Now I am in the testing stage and see how much it helps with the data connection issue. That is what I am more concerned with.

BTW, I am not a saok tester. I had the original software (like it was on Sep 8th when I bought it), no changes ever made on the phone before today's update. I will post my feedback in 3 to 4 days on this forum regarding the data connection issue and anything else I might find.

0 Likes
Joey301
Enthusiast - Level 3

VEN wrote:

This morning I did a manual check of "system updates" in the "settings" menu like I was doing few times in the past 2 to 3 days and there it was. I downloaded the update which tool like 7 to 8 minutes. It was successful. The new version shows 5.5.893. Now I am in the testing stage and see how much it helps with the data connection issue. That is what I am more concerned with.

BTW, I am not a saok tester. I had the original software (like it was on Sep 8th when I bought it), no changes ever made on the phone before today's update. I will post my feedback in 3 to 4 days on this forum regarding the data connection issue and anything else I might find.

Thank you. I am in the same boat. Got it the first day, have not changed a thing. If the data can be corrected, I will be satisfied.

Joey

0 Likes
Bionic_3
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just checked under Settings and system Updates and the OTA update is available. I am in the process of downloading it right now. I had posted that my kids had received the update last Friday evening. I too will post regarding the data connection and other issues after I have had it a few days.

0 Likes
VEN

I never had BSOD before. After the update this morning, I had it twice already. I am preparing myself to dump this phone or any phone from Motorola as soon as I hear positive feedback from other 4G LTE smartphones expected in the market very soon. Two more times BSOD, I am done with Motorola products. What kind of update is this when you have new problems with the phone instead of fixing the existing problems? I think Motorola and VZW sold us gar**ge for $300/- and a 2-yr. contract.

0 Likes
Utah_patriot
Enthusiast - Level 3

Update was downloaded at 1125 MST battery is better .

Data still drops but comes back quickly.

Overall much better will continualy keep checking apps in the media area.

0 Likes
tmeyers23

I got the update on 12/9/11

So far I've had worse data connection issues, my phone restarts much more, and my phone turns itself off randomly as well.

I have the battery set to full usage, data connections never disabled, the battery itself is doing better on 4g at least.

My phone randomly turns off at night, which is pretty awkward, I'd like to not miss phone calls and texts from work, but perhaps a new update later on will fix this issue?

I've done two master resets since updating and have not reinstalled any applications in order to provide the best test results. I'll see about geting a replacement device seeing as how the update actually made my data connections worse and my resets worse.

I like the bionic, I just hope maybe I got a dud as opposed to thinking the device is lame, because it isn't!

0 Likes
Joey301
Enthusiast - Level 3

tmeyers23 wrote:

I got the update on 12/9/11

So far I've had worse data connection issues, my phone restarts much more, and my phone turns itself off randomly as well.

I like the bionic, I just hope maybe I got a dud as opposed to thinking the device is lame, because it isn't!

Sigh...this is so discouraging. I have not received  the update yet, my phone probabaly does not work well enough to get it. There should be a lemon law for phones.

J

0 Likes
ohiogirl30

My phone also updated over a week ago and my connection issues have worsened. Today was the worse it has ever been, when I got up this morning I had no 3G connection so I turned my phone off/on which usually works and nothing, then removed the battery and nothing. When I got to work which is a 4G area for me and was hoping it would work, it was the same thing, I had to keep turning it on/off and removing the battery for a couple of hours and then it finally went back to 3G network, but, even my signal itself was weak?? I am so tired of this, this is my 6th phone b/c of issues that I had previously from the Droid 2 and Droid 2 global, its just replacement after replacement!

0 Likes