OTA Update 4.08.605.2 this morning
untiedcc

I woke up and had the 4.08.605.2 update waiting for me this morning.  I selected to install it and it went to the waiting to reboot screen.  I let the phone sit for 30min and when i returned it was still waiting to reboot.  So I backed out of the install and now can't get it to reappear.  Anyone have a clue as to how long I will have to wait for it to be "pushed" to me again?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: OTA Update 4.08.605.2 this morning
nimiaj
Contributor - Level 3

@untiedcc, after clearing the cache, when the phone reboots, go to menu->settings->date and time. Uncheck the option to keep time syncronized with network, and manually change the date to 12/21/2011.

The go back to menu->settings->about phone->software update. If you dont see anything, be patient, come all the way out, and go back in there again. You will see the update downloading.

Also, I have found that instead of clicking on the Install Now option on the popup, it is more reliable to go to the software update screen and click on install from there.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
AmDroid
Enthusiast - Level 2

untiedcc wrote:

I woke up and had the 4.08.605.2 update waiting for me this morning.  I selected to install it and it went to the waiting to reboot screen.  I let the phone sit for 30min and when i returned it was still waiting to reboot.  So I backed out of the install and now can't get it to reappear.  Anyone have a clue as to how long I will have to wait for it to be "pushed" to me again?

After so many tries and frustration I finally came across the information below and it worked like a charm :smileyhappy:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/verizon-droid-incredible/134246-second-gb-update-patch-wont-reboot-...

Can't say this will work for everyone, but it worked for me.

1. Boot into recovery
    • Press and hold Power, Choose "Restart" option
    • When screen turns off, press and hold Volume Down and Power
  2. When the white HBOOT screen appears, use the volume button to move down to “RECOVERY.”
  3. Press the Power button to select “RECOVERY.”
  4. When the triangle and exclamation appears, hold the Volume Up and Power button at the same time.
  5. Using the volume button, scroll down to “Wipe cache partition” and select it.
  6. Select "Reboot system now"

You can now wait for the update to show up again, or try one of the methods in the post: For those who want the second GB update/patch to get the update again. It should reboot this time. Beware, it will stay at the Droid Eye screen after reboot for a while (~5 mins), but eventually, it did get installed. Be sure to make a lot of space for it though... 

0 Likes
untiedcc

I successfully cleared the cache, (even though my power button only works 5% of the time).  Now I'm just waiting for the update to reappear, none of the methods in the link worked to force find the update.  Hopefully it will work this time around.

0 Likes
bejay53
Enthusiast - Level 3

I tried to update this morning. Cleared the cache.

First try I got a red arrow after reboot. Phone then rebooted and went bcak to normal.

Checked and still shows version 2.2.

Was the red arrow the memory error?

Switched clock/calendar to last year and downloaded the patch again.

Selected install and reboot. Counts down for reboot, then hangs. Waited for 15 minutes, no change. Canceled reboot.

What's up now?

0 Likes
nimiaj
Contributor - Level 3

@untiedcc, after clearing the cache, when the phone reboots, go to menu->settings->date and time. Uncheck the option to keep time syncronized with network, and manually change the date to 12/21/2011.

The go back to menu->settings->about phone->software update. If you dont see anything, be patient, come all the way out, and go back in there again. You will see the update downloading.

Also, I have found that instead of clicking on the Install Now option on the popup, it is more reliable to go to the software update screen and click on install from there.

0 Likes