ORDERING THE DROID
unkut2003

So I was in a Verizon store the other day and was talking to a rep about the Droid.  She said online it'll be $199 added to my bill but if I came in-store it'll be $299 with a mail in rebate.  SO I told her I'd go ahead and get it online to get the instant rebate and she told me to stop by anyways and maybe she could work something out with the rebate!!!  Is this an option or is she just tryin to get me back on release date to attempt to make a full sale??? 

Also, do you think the Droid will be online sooner then in the stores?  Like maybe order on Thursday so it'll arrive overnight for a Friday delivery???  I was thinkin about givin em a call to see what they can do....... anyone else???

0 Likes
Re: ORDERING THE DROID
whatruckus

from what I remember, I believe they work off commission so I think she's trying to rope you in so she can get her sale.  the choice is yours though.  personally, I would go to the store to play around with the phone first and then I would probably order it online to get the instant rebate.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

It will be available online around 12:30 am tomorrow.  The stores are opening from 6-8 depending on the individual store. 

0 Likes
cem95z
Contributor - Level 1

They have worked with me in the past regarding the rebate. They have mailed it in for me and I got the check in the mail a few weeks later.

The biggest problem I have with the rebate is that if you decide you do not like the phone, and want to return it, the UPC code is already off the box and on its way to rebate central. Then, they potentially can say that you are not allowed to return the phone.

0 Likes
dmtcha

Even if they’re working off on commission, you should go in to see what she’s able to do. 

I’ve been able to get Instant rebates inside a Verizon Store. Not only did it happen to me once, but twice!!! The customer reps are awesome! And they try to work with you!!! That’s why I’m still with Verizon!

0 Likes