Re: OK so who else is fed up with this froyo 2.2 update
g0dhand

^^^

Agreed.

And I understand, because I would love to see an update including FroYo.  The operating system looks awesome great and to be honest, I'm kind of looking forward to playing around with that cute little Android helper widget just for laughs.

But, just remember that there is a difference.  As much as I want Verizon to tell me that a FroYo update is coming out for the Droid Incredible, I would be MUCH MORE disappointed if they confirmed that it was coming and it never came rather than if they had said nothing at all.

In fact, they'd be safer telling customers that the update won't come and then by some surprise it came in later.

Verizon would be doing you and all of us a disservice if they lied and said yes, when in fact they meant no.

0 Likes
Response from HTC on Froyo for Incredible
Sborden
Enthusiast - Level 3

Take this emailed response from HTC as you will i am not implying anything, just giving the forum persons some info.

My Question:

I would like to know if HTC has sent the Froyo update to Verizon wireless for the HTC incredible, and if so when did HTC send that over to them?

Thank you

HTC Response:

Dear ..............,

I understand that you are looking forward to the Froyo update on the Droid Incredible. The update has not yet been released. We are working closely with Google and our other partners to ensure we have the earliest access to everything we need to provide a complete and solid Sense experience on Froyo. We expect to release all updates in the second half of this year but can't be more specific yet. To check for the latest HTC announcements, follow us on HTC Twitter or HTC Facebook.

To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Sincerely,

Rafael

HTC

Want to see what others are saying? Have a question to ask other HTC fans?

Become a fan of HTC facebook.com/htc
Follow us on Twitter twitter.com/htc
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel youtube.com/htc

Explore our development resources developer.htc.com

We are unable to receive replies to this email account. Please visit us at htc.com if you have any questions or need further assistance.

My Followup Question:

Rafael,

Thank you for the very prompt response. But i do have one more question.
So you are saying that HTC is still working on the Froyo build for the Incredible and they have not released it to Verizon?

HTC Response:

Dear ........................,

That is correct. We are still working on it and once the update is complete it will be released to Verizon for distribution.

To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Sincerely,

Rafael

HTC

Want to see what others are saying? Have a question to ask other HTC fans?

Become a fan of HTC facebook.com/htc
Follow us on Twitter twitter.com/htc
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel youtube.com/htc

Explore our development resources developer.htc.com

We are unable to receive replies to this email account. Please visit us at htc.com if you have any questions or need further assistance.

0 Likes
Re: Response from HTC on Froyo for Incredible
meyerrj

You can check the HTC Developer Site:

http://developer.htc.com/

Droid Incredible by HTC WebKit source code (Froyo MR)

Droid Incredible by HTC (Verizon) - MR release - 2.6.32 kernel source code.

Droid Incredible by HTC(Verizon) BlueZ Source Code (Froyo MR)

There is also the leaked version of the Incredible Froyo OTA, which others have installed quite successfully with Sense UI and other Froyo features working properly.

0 Likes
pcar1947
Man I m sorry to here you are having so much trouble with your device. As for me I couldn't be happier. Love the phone use as my primary business phone. Have not lost/drop a call since I got it in April. As for froyo we'll get it in we get it. Like others I m tired of hearing about!
0 Likes
godzilla000

I probably should not say this, but Droidlife has an article stateing September ! as the release date on it's sight. Here we go again !!!!!!!!!!! .http://www.droid-life.com/2010/08/25/rumor-droid-incredible-froyo-update-coming-september-1st/

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
Sept 1st... hmm... ill wait for the supposed commercials to start before I get my hopes up.
0 Likes
max69442
Enthusiast - Level 2

@ g0dhand

That would be fine, except that they have already said that they would upgrade it. When 2.2 was released (generally, not to any specific phone) HTC stated that any phone released during 2010 will get the update.

You say that by putting out a tentative date and not meeting it will cause customers to leave, so will not answering to their customers. There are some/many people who have an issue with call/signal quality. They had an update for that, but then decided to bundle it with froyo so they would only have one update to push. In doing so, those that have the issue who could have had their issue fixed now have to wait until 2.2 is ready to send out.

As far as not meeting the tentative date, I install communication equipment in commercial buildings. Those buildings (jobs) are bid on by contractors, with a projected finish date given at the time of the bid. I say projected because there are many different things that can occur. The customer for which the building is being built can change something from the original plan. Weather can delay the project. When trying to do something considered custom, they may find it is not achievable, necessitating a change.

There are two ways things like this can be handled. First, the customer can understand that situations outside of the control of the contractors can arise, which may push back the finish date and they live with that. Second, the customer can ask for a bonus/fine contract. If the contractors finish ahead of time, they receive a predetermined bonus for every day early they complete the project. If the contractors finish late, they are fined a predetermined amount for every day late they complete the project.  If it is completed early/ on schedule, it costs the customer more money, but they get the project done on time. If it is completed late, the customer gets a bonus for the inconvenience. The bonus/fine option is a great motivator, and generally ensures the project is completed ahead of/ on schedule. Maybe that is something these companies should start adopting.

0 Likes
godzilla000

I knew I should not have posted that.:mansad: http://www.androidcentral.com/droid-incredibles-sept-1-froyo-rumor-bust-ruu-out-there-already. Too **bleep** good to be true

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
Oh man you beat me lol! The one thing I found interesting about this leak is the fact you don't have to void your warranty by installing it. You get my drift? I'm sure someone's going to get mad when they realize you can get the update now without doing the alternative. I'm actually thinking we may see that 2.2 legit push soon if this is the supposed final build. Guess ill have to sit back and watch the comments and see if this thing is the real deal. Or if its bricking phones. I know I'm too scared to try lol.
0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

Some interesting new developments people in the last few hours. 

Verizon is posting download instructions to Froyo 2.2 here.

Phandroid posted an article on a "leaked rom" for the Incredible here. Comments in that article are saying that people are calling CS and they are also stating the release date is tomorrow 08-27-10. Oh and apparently the rom works great. I'm still unable to get a build number to compare to verizons version they posted on the vzw site.

Finally Droid-Life.com has this article claiming that the update to 2.2 begins the 27th! It's a screenshot of a vzw update computer. Shoot over to droidlife anyways and read the comments. Those guys are crazy..

So, LOOKS LIKE ITS FOR REAL GUYS FROYO HERE WE COME TOMORROW!!!!!!:smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes