Re: OK so who else is fed up with this froyo 2.2 update
Sborden
Enthusiast - Level 3

krdupont72 wrote:

I come on here every once in a while just to read what people are complaining about. And these rants about starving for the update are ridiculous. There are so many more important things to be worrried about besides upgrading from 2.1 to 2.2

{please keep your posts courteous}

Well i do have a job, and a pretty good one at that.  Either make a point or go away. 

Some of us dont give one rats behind about Froyo, some of us just want our phones to work they way they are supposed to.

Maybe your phone is fine, thats great, but just because yours works doesnt mean the rest of the users phones are working the way they are supposed to, have been promised by VZ. 

I like my Inc, the speed is great, the inet works well, and overall the phone is good, but that isnt the problem.  The problem is when things dont work, like................. oh i dont know "BEING ABLE TO HEAR A PHONE CALL", anyone hear of antennagate? Sounds familiar doesnt it.

I didnt spend my hard earned money on a phone to be able to do pretty much everything EXCEPT, making calls. I bought the phone to do everything VZ promised it would do, and so far VZ has FAILED miserably.

RIght now VZ is getting hammered by blog posts, news articles, twitter, and even on their own forums, because of their lack of communication.  All they would have to do is make a small statement to alleviate the hammering, but no they continue to ignore the very people who allow them to stay in business and make money.

/end rant

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

a few issues goin on here. yes...some people are whining a bit too much for no good reason. however, those that have bunk devices also have every right to want the fix (my brother had a droid with the muffled voice issue. so bad he bought a bluetooth earpiece. i seriously couldn't talk to him on his droid w/o the earpiece. since 2.2 last week he is CRYSTAL CLEAR). AND even those with good devices have every right to want the new features that customers who bought the moto droid (nearly a year ago) already received. also, i too believe that vzn and moto have so much goin on together that moto takes priority. it's not right and i don't like it, but from marketing to customer service, moto has been given priority since the droid. AND...after the 2.1 eris debacle, i'm sure they want this update to go as smooth as it possibly can, and right now, they don't htink it's ready. all of this being said, it would go a LONG way towards all of our patience if they would just officially release a statement. even if it was "we are working on it but currently have a few bugs to fix and do not know when it will be pushed.ota." that would go a long way. it would show that they at least acknowledge htc users!!!!!

0 Likes
pazi

A cel-phone is definitely not a basic need like food. However, some of us have less basic needs that Verizon has to consider. I for example use my phone to keep in touch with family and friends in Israel. Not having Hebrew fonts on 2.1 prevents me from reading important emails, or viewing my daughter's posts on Facebook, or reading local news from Israel. Many Verizon customers share the same desire for much wider font support, which is part of Froyo.

But beyond this point, Verizon's claim de fame is excellent service. Ignoring customers is a far cry from even decent service. I would much rather get an expected release date, which will be delayed a little, than be completely ignored.

Sborden mentions call quality. I live and work in areas that have bad reception. I had Palm Treo with reasonable reception, then Blackberry with poor reception. Now I use my HTC Incredible with terrible reception. My wife still has a Blackberry, and we can see the difference - same spot, same time. I was ready to return the HTC but after calling Verizon and understanding that the new upgrade would solve some of the issues I decided to keep this amazing toy. That was around May-June!!!!

I believe these are valid reasons to be impatient about the Froyo upgrade. Verizon should show some respect towards us, the customers, and provide expected release dates.

0 Likes
Niko77

When I bought this phone not so long ago 2 months or so, I started to have issues with the phone.  With in a week I went back to the store where I bought the phone and I was told by the Verizon store and the CSRs online that there is a patch coming out that will fix your issue.  I have been more than patient with Verizon, and have been a loyal Verizon customer since 1996.  Now I am getting a little tired of waiting. So to those who say is your phone working "NO, its not working  not as it should or was advertised".  You don't promise a customer something and not deliver.  I, and we have paid good money for inferior products and told to just be patient a fix is coming.  When I asked the Verizon Rep about switching out my phone I was told it is over the 30 days, and then when I asked about switching out for a like phone, then was told that there is a back order on the phone and I would have to wait several weeks anyway.  Plus I was told by more than one rep that wouldn't fix the issue, it is a software issue. I have been getting the runaround lately from a company that i used to respect.  So is it all due to this update no, but it is where it started. 

0 Likes
mickbmetz

I AGREE SAME STORY DIFFERENT PHONE. THE ONE THING IN COMMON "BIG RED" VERIZON .

MAYBE ITS TIME TO SPRINT ON OUT OF HERE.

0 Likes
emsdriver

I called Verizonwireless last night and they told me they don't release 2.2, Google does since the Android system is Google's. They are releasing it slowly. Don't stone me, I'm just passing on what I was told last night.

0 Likes
alotonmymind
Verizon techs have to make the sense iu work with froyo therefore verizon will release the update for their phone. You are right that the update is from goggle but they give it to carriers to adjust to work on all the different phones
0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

google released it months ago. it's in vzn's hands now.

0 Likes
Dangerous_Dave
Contributor - Level 2

pazi wrote:

A cel-phone is definitely not a basic need like food. However, some of us have less basic needs that Verizon has to consider. I for example use my phone to keep in touch with family and friends in Israel. Not having Hebrew fonts on 2.1 prevents me from reading important emails, or viewing my daughter's posts on Facebook, or reading local news from Israel. Many Verizon customers share the same desire for much wider font support, which is part of Froyo..

Have you tried downloading Google translate from the market? It does hebrew. Just a suggestion to help in the interim. Shalom alechem
0 Likes
pazi

Thanks for your input. I do have Google translate, which I can use only from English to Hebrew (no Hebrew keyboard). My problem is with all the Hebrew text that I get and all I see is little squares (missing font).

Thanks again,

Pazi

0 Likes