OK so who else is fed up with this froyo 2.2 update
alotonmymind

When I was with Blackberry and the storm we had to wait and wait for an update. While other phones get the updates we wait. Same story different phone. This is nothing new I have been with Verizon wireless for the past seventeen years, I think It might be time to see what else is out there minus at&t. I received my incredible two days before release day and have been really happy with it. My biggest complaint is froyo has been in the works for awhile now,and I just don't understand why we icredible users have really been left in the dark. COME ON VERIZON IT TIME FOR THE UPDATE RIGHT?

0 Likes
Re: OK so who else is fed up with this froyo 2.2 update
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Just let me say that YOU WILL get the update eventually.it just takes somet time and patience

0 Likes
alotonmymind
I understand that just verizon acts like its some big secrect. And I know from past updates, they dont want to say anything official and not be able to do it.
0 Likes
rangerdavid

I'm not tired of the update.  I don't have the update.  I'm just really tired of hearing about it.  It's going to be released OTA July18, then August 18, now August 28.  Holy crap, can't people be happy with what they have?  This topic has dominated dinc forums on the internet for over a month now. 

0 Likes
dadsterflip

well, first off i dont' understand this whole secrecy on the update on incredible like their going to put a super froyo version on the phone. evo is running good on froyo with a few glitches and i understand thier working on it and maybe when they release it to inc it would be less buggy but i highly doubt it would be. i know some people are happy with 2.1, you prolly just use the phone to call and some want to their phone to bring to new heights or feature. its not that hard to just let people know "hey we understand you want your froyo and where working on it" just a little sign to say inc isn't the new droid eris. but either VZW is **bleep** off at HTC because of the screen shortage or what not and VZW is holding on the update for the droid INC so people think that HTC has SUCKS and go with other brand phone besides HTC. im not so sure but i haven't seen any other HTC on VZW getting updates.... 

"I'm not tired of the update.  I don't have the update.  I'm just really tired of hearing about it.  It's going to be released OTA July18, then August 18, now August 28.  Holy crap, can't people be happy with what they have?  This topic has dominated dinc forums on the internet for over a month now. "

obviously you have the option not to read about the updates or what not. if your happy with your phone then good, some people want more things for the inc to do and its capable of doing more. besides calling people. 

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
I think its due to keeping the spotlight on Moto phones. I bet the X will get the update, then we will shortly after. Is it right? No, but I'm betting its a brand loyalty thing for Verizon. Just a guess...
0 Likes
krdupont72

I come on here every once in a while just to read what people are complaining about. And these rants about starving for the update are ridiculous. There are so many more important things to be worrried about besides upgrading from 2.1 to 2.2

{please keep your posts courteous}

0 Likes
JMKosmo

Yes, I have a job, but I don't have money to burn.  When I signed up for the Incredible, they said it was a phone....BUT I have poor signal and lousy call quality.  SO I have a device, not a phone.  The **bleep** clowns at Verizon keep promising that these problems will be fixed with the release of Froyo......so I bet that a lot of people aren't specifically waiting for Froyo, but for the bug fixes that HTC and Verizon have been promising since April.  I did not pay $199 for a device, I want a phone too (as advertised).  So, all you people saying they are sick of people whining about Froyo......Maybe it's because we don't have $199 to throw out the window on a phone that doesn't work as a phone...and we are paying the highly inflated smartphone rates while waiting for it to be fixed.  Okay there, Donald Trump?

0 Likes
JMKosmo
0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

"I come on here every once in a while just to read what people are complaining about. And these rants about starving for the update are ridiculous. There are so many more important things to be worrried about besides upgrading from 2.1 to 2.2

Does anyone have a job?"

You're right I don't have a job and I also have nothing to worry about. Do you have this phone Dupont? 

0 Likes