Re: Now on Fourth phone replacement. Fed the same bull. Anyone else deal with this?
InventingJoy

Only 4? I'm embarrassed to say how many & for how long I put up with this sh-t. I should have quit them long time ago! I refused an upgrade thereby refusing a 2 yr contract. I'm planning a trip to Walmart. HEAR THIS!  I have automatic billing on my credit card. The last replacement was November. I was late returning the defective phone. They charged my credit card $560. so I return my phone. Guess what they did? You'll never guess. Give up? Instead of crediting my card, They took my 560 as an advance & applied it to my bills from Nov til March. Would you believe it? I"m tracking through the post office to find where my phone was delivered. Quite a float. I wonder how many 560's they float & how much interest they collect on our backs while us good little souls dutifully break our backs working & paying off our credit cards. Anyone else have this experience? Anyone know of a credit card where you can allow only a specific amount to be charged? I just fired Time Warner after they doubled my fee. No notification. No authorization. They shut down my internet. I had to pay them to keep my internet up but I'm watching Hulu & just got a magic jack. I wont give those criminals 1 more penny than I have to. Extortion personified. Now I understand occupy. If I wasn't so busy, I'd join Occupy & maybe write songs for them. Sheesh!!! Monopoly corporations. Us powerless peons. Thanks for letting me vent. What a way to introduce myself to the community. But I needed that! InventingJoy

0 Likes
Re: Now on Fourth phone replacement. Fed the same bull. Anyone else deal with this?
InventingJoy

Yes, I've had no less than 6 promised technicians come out. Only problem is they must be invisible & mute as I never see or hear from them. I paid 250 for a network extender. Something seemed to work for awhile then NOT. Dropped calls. People can't understand me bcs the phone breaks up. A great way to do business! What I really hate is that a lot of the time the phone doesn't ring. It goes to voicemail. The voicemail doesn't show up til the next day. This combined with the dropped calls seem to be especially timed for when I'm on tech support. Not only do I have to get back into cue but when I finally get the voicemail, I have to listen to all the old ones that I want to keep. It doesn't just give me the unheard ones. I own a business. Between Time Warner & Verizon,  I've wasted days.Time that I will never recover in this life!  & they wonder why I don't hire & there are few jobs! How about assisting business owners, instead of undermining them?  My poor dog comes running to see what's up when I yell "operator, operator, operator" into an unyielding, non hearing phone. Animal cruelty along with human cruelty LOL. InventingJoy

0 Likes
JonDoh
Contributor - Level 1

Week 3 and still nothing from Verizon regarding my open ticket.  I call, give them the ticket number and they tell me to call back in a week.  Meanwhile, like many others here I'm putting up with garbled calls, constant dropped calls and various other issues due to the poor quality of the phone. 

I know there are a handful of people who report they have a good Inc 2.  Good for you.  But if you read the various boards across the internet you'll find lots of these same problems with the phone and reports of Verizon giving lip service and doing nothing - "we're sorry you're having problems.  We want to make you happy and keep you as a customer.  Let us look into the problem."  And then weeks pass and you never hear from them again.  If you call, they're still looking into the problem. 

The bottom line is Verizon is a giant company who simply doesn't' care about their individual customer accounts.  Were I a big corporation with lots of their phones on a corporate account then we might get the problem resolved.  But we're not.  We're just a wart on their rear ends and they could care less about us until it's time to renew our contracts and they want to sell us a new phone and then they all of a sudden become very interested in us.

0 Likes
bobch
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just got #3 and the touch screen isn't working correctly. Three phones; three different problems. A POS. I don't know whether to bother with another or just let my contract run out.