Notifications not working (vibrate)
Shoogy

Ever since about a week ago when I get any sort of notification I no longer get a vibrate.   But when I get a call it vibrates fine.

I have went into the settings of both the phone and the messaging settings and they are all set to always vibrate.

So I did a factory default reset and that did not help at all

I have done some research and I found that someone said that the smart profiles were a problem and I have never had that active so I dont understand

Any help would be appreciated

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Notifications not working (vibrate)
Wildman
Legend

Hope that works out better for you...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

The only notifications that my phone vibrates for are for texts/picture messages. So I'm assuming this is what you mean.

Are you using the stock messaging app, or a 3rd party app that you downloaded from the market such as Handcent?

If you're using a 3rd party app, you need to disable everything on the stock app for the other one to work properly. This means turning off every notification setting, sounds, vibrate, everything. And then turning all of these to ENABLE on the 3rd party app.

0 Likes
Shoogy

I am using the stock app.

And no it does not vibrate for anything. (email or text or ims)

the only time that it vibrates is when I am getting a call

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

Try doing a battery pull.

Also double check settings. Go to Settings --> Sounds --> Vibrate --> Make sure Always is checked.

Then go into your texting app, push the Menu button. Go to Messaging Settings and make sure Vibrate is selected.

Do the same for your IM/Email apps that you use.

0 Likes
Shoogy

already checked all of those settings to see if settings got changed

they are all set right

0 Likes
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

It sounds like an app you're using is conflicting with your phone's settings. Are any of the email/IM apps you're using from the Market? I know if you have those settings turned on, along with the stock settings on your phone, the two can interfere with eachother and essentially disable all settings.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

gMail:

Open gMail > Left menu button > more > Settings > Scroll to notification area at bottom of list > Check Vibrate...... All these options works for gMail

Email:

Messaging >Left Menu Button > Message Settings > Email > Notifications > Check Vibrate........  All these control all email accounts.

Text Messages

Messaging >Left Menu Button > Message Settings > Text Messaging > Scroll to notification area of list > Check Vibrate........  All these control all SMS and MMS accounts

0 Likes
Shoogy

I have checked all of the settings on the phone and I have also talked to verizon and they say that it is a hardware software issue so they sent me a new phone

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Hope that works out better for you...

0 Likes