Notification or alert tones
Genzfam

Hello I just bought my druid and I like it but I am a Remington/alert tone fanatic I have figured out how to set downloaded ringtones but can't figure out how to set them for text messages. And also would like different ones for different alerts like text and voice mail etc... Please help  I am lost with out my cool  alert tones

0 Likes
Re: Notification or alert tones
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

Genzfam wrote:

Hello I just bought my druid and I like it but I am a Remington/alert tone fanatic I have figured out how to set downloaded ringtones but can't figure out how to set them for text messages. And also would like different ones for different alerts like text and voice mail etc... Please help  I am lost with out my cool  alert tones

after going into your messages, if you select the list icon at the bottom, you can choose settings then scroll down to select ringtones.

however, all it does is list the stock ringtones.

but try this:  mount your droid to your pc. go into your droid files (go to windows explorer then "computer" then choose the drive which represents your droid).

add a new file called "notifications" then place the tone in that file.

now i don't know if this works because i am satisfied with my DROID notification.  but if you can do the same for adding ringtones (add a file labelled "ringtones" and drop your custom ringtones in there) then maybe your customized tones might show up in the notification list of avail tones?

0 Likes
Re: Notification or alert tones
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

Genzfam wrote:

Download the app called Ringo Lite. Then you can assign text messages a ringtone or specific contacts a text ringtone.

0 Likes