Notification Sounds on Droid Incredible
LolaGets

Just got my Droid Incredible, and so far, am loving it. 

Question: is there a way to set different notification sounds for different events? For example, I would like to have one sound for new email, and another for text messages. I have looked and there doesn't seem to be a way to do this currently.  There should be a way, though!

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Notification Sounds on Droid Incredible
y0diggity
Contributor - Level 2

Agreed. I was unable to do that either. You can't get there from here.

0 Likes
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

On the Moto Droid you need to be in the specific app to change its notification. Not sure if this is the same for the Incredible.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

For text messages I use Ringo Lite app. You can change ringtone text or have a different text ringtone for each contact. Love it.For a ringtone for email just do a search in the market for email ringtone. I am sure some apps will pop up.

0 Likes
Virginia725

If you into each individual section you can change it. For example, to change your email sound, open up your email (I use gmail), and while the application is open press the Menu button, then Settings. Scroll down to "Select Ringtone" and you can choose one specifically for email. You can do the same thing in Facebook, etc. Then the one you choose on the main sound settings will be just for text messages. Hope this helped!

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

or there are tons of apps that will do it. ringo lite (like thegreatone mentioned), zedge, missed call, etc....there's a bunch.

0 Likes
TheGreatOne
Master - Level 1

AZSALUKI wrote:

or there are tons of apps that will do it. ringo lite (like thegreatone mentioned), zedge, missed call, etc....there's a bunch.

I don't think Ringo Lite app has the option for settings a ringtone for email. Maybe the paid version has that option though

0 Likes
CWC122184

Everyone covered most of the settings but the one it took me a WHILE to figure out was for text messages (setting an individual tone for each contact). I use ChompSMS for my texts because it allows me to personalize EVERYTHING and I ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ LOVE ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ it. but if you press and hold on a contact conversation in Chomp you can choose to set a ringtone.

otherwise, like others said, there are tons of apps to manage your tones :smileyhappy: :smileyhappy:

0 Likes