Note duplication on droid x
SRD
I reported this to tech support but no answer yet. When you enter a note on a contact and then save it, it enters two notes that are identical. This consistently happens for me. ?
0 Likes
Re: Note duplication on droid x
runnman
Contributor - Level 1

FYI...I do not have that issue on my Droid X.  Just one note, no duplications.

0 Likes
SRD
To duplicate the problem: create a new contact with first and last name, full address, and phone number. Then before saving scroll down to add additional info, and add the note. Then save. This always crates a duplicate note for me when you view the contact. Support has also duplicated the problem.
0 Likes
SRD
?? Hasn't anyone else seen this, or tried it ?
0 Likes
SALARCH2
Enthusiast - Level 3

SRD, I haven't used the Notes feature but I tried it to see what happens.  I did as you described and came up with the duplicate notes as you said.  What I also noticed is that there were (2) Linked Profiles that were created.  I'm not sure what these Linked Profiles are but when I erased one of them, it also deleted one of the Notes, leaving one.

Don't know if this helps, but...............

0 Likes
soundwater

There are two sets of contacts, Phone and Google.  My guess is you can have different notes and when it synchs up with Google, you might be able to edit the note and see if it is different.  I was able to duplicate the your result following your actions.

To avoid the duplicate I changed the setting to not add the new contact to Google and then only one note showed (as well as one linked profile).  To do this:

1) Open Contacts: A-Z

2) Click Menu and select More

3) Select Settings and and un-select Google

When adding a new contact, you should now get only one note/one profile

0 Likes
SRD
Thanks. That did solve the duplicate note problem. But then how do I ensure that google has all my contact info backed up? The backup assistant does not back up everything the way google does.
0 Likes