Not receiving messages, camera issues, and more
xtwistedxkatx

So lately I have been having a ton of issues with my Driod X as well as my husband who has the same phone.

1. At times (majority) it will not let me receive pic/vid messages. I push the button to redownload them but it tells me "national access is not covered" or something along those lines. Yet I can send out a message to someone else with no problem. Getting the "access is not covered" happens even when I am trying to send messages from time to time.

2. I cannot access my pictures and when I find a way many of them are corrupt. When I click the icon for my Gallery its flashes back to my home screen.

3. When I click the camcorder icon it flashes back to the main screen.

4. Many apps will not update. This really upset me when it wouldn't update Angry Birds and could no longer play the game.

5. Facebook constantly freezes or closes on me. (yes i understand its possible that its facebook itself and not the phone, but still)

I am starting to lose my patience with this phone as much as I do love it. Is anyone having these issues??

0 Likes
Re: Not receiving messages, camera issues, and more
vereyezuhn
Master - Level 3

xtwistedxkatx wrote:

So lately I have been having a ton of issues with my Driod X as well as my husband who has the same phone.

1. At times (majority) it will not let me receive pic/vid messages. I push the button to redownload them but it tells me "national access is not covered" or something along those lines. Yet I can send out a message to someone else with no problem. Getting the "access is not covered" happens even when I am trying to send messages from time to time. Do you have any type of data block on your phone? Or anything on your line that could restrict MMS messages? You can check online by logging into My Verizon. It could also just be that the picture/video you are receiving is too big for your phone.

2. I cannot access my pictures and when I find a way many of them are corrupt. When I click the icon for my Gallery its flashes back to my home screen. I had this similar issue on one of my old phones (not a DX) where all my pictures had a question mark on the thumbnails... I never found a fix, but do you use an app other than the stock Gallery that comes with the phone to view/take pictures? It could be that. Also, if you have any wallpaper apps, try deleting them temporarily and see if that fixes it.

3. When I click the camcorder icon it flashes back to the main screen. Does this happen every time you select it, or just randomly?

4. Many apps will not update. This really upset me when it wouldn't update Angry Birds and could no longer play the game. Try clearing the cache on some/all of your apps. Go to Settings - Applications - Manage Apps - Select each one, and select 'Clear Cache' Do the same for the Market app.

5. Facebook constantly freezes or closes on me. (yes i understand its possible that its facebook itself and not the phone, but still) I think this is a known issue with the Facebook app, and the recent updates have fixed this (although, if your apps aren't updating, this doesn't really apply to you) I would suggest  uninstalling and reinstalling the app - that seems to work for me when it gets buggy.

I am starting to lose my patience with this phone as much as I do love it. Is anyone having these issues??

0 Likes
Not applicable

Great tips, vereyezuhn!

These troubleshooting steps address all the concerns you are having with the phone. If the issues continue, please perform a factory data reset on the Droid X.  

Go to Settings>Privacy> Factory Data Reset>Reset Phone>Erase Everything. This will not remove any information from the SD card.  Please make a back up of your info from the phone before performing the reset. Either in Google or on the SD card or another means (like the Market).

Keep me posted if the steps and/or master reset resolve these issues.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

xtwistedxkatx wrote:

1. At times (majority) it will not let me receive pic/vid messages. I push the button to redownload them but it tells me "national access is not covered" or something along those lines. Yet I can send out a message to someone else with no problem. Getting the "access is not covered" happens even when I am trying to send messages from time to time.

This sounds like in the area where you are at the network is having issues connecting to a perterning tower..  This usually can be reported to Verizon and they can get a tech on the issue.  

Discussed at http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-X-by-Motorola/quot-National-access-coverage-not-available-quot-tex...

2. I cannot access my pictures and when I find a way many of them are corrupt. When I click the icon for my Gallery its flashes back to my home screen.

3. When I click the camcorder icon it flashes back to the main screen.

Answer for 2 and 3 is the same, go to Settings / Applications / Manage Applications / All Tabs / Media Storage and clear Data and reboot, posted solution at http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-X-by-Motorola/Problem-Identified-for-Gallery-Force-Close-Issues/m-...

4. Many apps will not update. This really upset me when it wouldn't update Angry Birds and could no longer play the game.

This happens when the app is installed on sd card, you can resolve two ways....

1. Remove SD Card and then update app without card in phone..

2. Move app back to internal memory and then update.

Discussed at: http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-X-by-Motorola/Installation-Error-unknown-reason-18/m-p/349768#M165...

5. Facebook constantly freezes or closes on me. (yes i understand its possible that its facebook itself and not the phone, but still)

Clear Cache and Data for Facebook app should resolve....  Settings / Applications / Manage Applications / Facebook and Clear Cache and Data..

Covered at : http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-X-by-Motorola/Facebook-quirks/m-p/367340#M17745

0 Likes