Not receiving email notifications for 30 minutes
silvergal

HTC DROID Incredible HTC

My phone did some software update and wiped out my phone.  I have since reset everything however having problems with my POP e-mail, which is AOL.  When it gets an e-mail, the phone does not say so for at least 30 minutes.  If at home  have to keep my phone on and logged in to my e-mail so I can see when I get an email because the phone is not telling me right away.

From the phone, I go to my mail box and the hit menu --> more --> settings --> send and receive.  It's set up like this:

Mail size limit:  no limit

Set download frequency: every 5 minutes. 

**When I click on set download frequency it's set like this:

Peak time days:  every day

Peak time start 6:00 am

Peak time end 11:59 pm

Frequency:  Peak times every 5 minutes

Off Peak times every 5 minutes

Dowload options: Bt days:  Today's

Just now I received an email at 10:55 am howvere the phone did not tell me until 11:35 a.m.

Please help!  And use simple terms and directions, please!

0 Likes
Re: Not receiving email notifications for 30 minutes
silvergal

PS...

When I go to Settings > Accounts & Sync

My gmail acct is listed but not my regular POP mail.  I click on add account and it's still not listed.

0 Likes
Re: Not receiving email notifications for 30 minutes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi silvergal,

i know the importance of receiving emails in a timely manner to the device. I went through the details on the HTC Incredible and found that the additional POP3 email accounts aren't visible through Accounts & Sync. They're only available on the option for Mail as you described you're following. There are two additional settings we need to check in the device. Please go to Settings -> Accounts & Sync and verify both Background data and Auto-sync are checked on. These ensure the device is set to allow the sync to be working properly. I also suggest you confirm there aren't any battery management or task killer apps installed. These may prevent the full function of syncing and would need to be completely removed from the Google account to stop the impact. Please update us on these settings and apps.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes