Not getting all incoming calls
Breelybbert

For the past week I have been missing calls on my droid incredible. Some calls come through fine and others I just get a missed call notification and possibly a voicemail but the phone never rang! I live in rural west central Minnesota (zip 56244) so I know that coverage can be spotty at times but I have lived here for 2 years and this is a brand new problem! I have dialed *228 to update my roaming, *73 to disable any accidental call forwarding, and *900. I have also soft reset the phone multiple times, pulled the battery while it was on, deleted any new apps, and I still can't get calls from some people. The callers tell me that the phone rings once on their end and then they get a message saying that they are being transferred to an automated system, which is not my normal voicemail. Can you please help me fix this problem! I don't understand why some calls from some people come through just fine but then I am missing calls from others.

0 Likes
Re: Not getting all incoming calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Breelybbert lets make sure you're able to stay in touch! You've completed many of the steps we recommend so lets dig deeper. Have you noticed this happens at a particular location in your area or randomly? Has there been any changes to the device since this issue started like new apps or software updates?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Breelybbert

I am mostly in and around my home area (Hancock, MN) (within about 50-75 miles in any direction) and have had the same issues everywhere lately. The problem doesn't seem be location specific (I miss some calls where ever I am at.) I haven't updated my device recently (Android 2.3.4, Build # 4.06.605.3) and I have not installed any new apps (my most commonly used apps are Kindle and the Weather Channel app) Any other applications I have had running for years without a problem.

I am not opposed to doing a factory (hard) reset on the phone to try and see if that fixes it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for confirming this information Breelybbert! Based on what you're saying in terms of not having new apps installed, and not having the issue previously, the next step we would recommend is the Hard Reset. We recommend backing up your phone first, and then completing the reset to see if that will resolve your issue.

Thank you,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes