Re: Not Satisfied With My Droid 2
Regulis7

Perhaps a Android based smart phone is just not the type of device you need, with ALL those problems I would recommend going back to a Feature phone and skipping the whole smart phone line.  Personally I have been using the Droid Eris, Moto Droid, Moto Droid 2 and never once had an issue with any of these devices, other than a few 3rd party apps that needed tweaking to run properly.

With the drop call issue... Some phones work better in certain areas where other phones just do not work well.  Smart phones can sometimes have a slightly weaker signal than feature phones, this is due to the highly compact designs of the phones and the location of the radio antenna inside the outer shell.  Even Apple had and still is having issues with their flagship smartphone when it comes to call quality/signal issues and the location of the antenna.  Again, smart phones are not for everyone.  Sometimes you have to go with what works.

0 Likes
Holly_SwordLily

Regulis7 makes a very good point. on the note of calling i never had a problem with dropped calls or signal issues. to add to what Regulis7was saying about the signal on these phones even with verizon having a fair amount of towers to many in an area can also cause problems similar to when there are none around. whatever you decide keep in mind to do plenty of your own research so that you dont end up unhappy and frustrated with your purchase.

0 Likes
h2oskigirl
I think I got your old phone and luck with the Droid 2...I am currently on my second phone and second battery and the piece of junk is sitting next to me as I type, staring at me with the big M in the middle acting like it is going to turn on (but frozen of course). Smiley Sad I feel your pain....E-mail has been sent, we will see what happens!!!!
0 Likes
chuck2001

We bought 2 droid 2 in Nov 2011. Have returned wifes less than a year, now mine has been sent back once and it is bad again, they sent me a new one or reconditioned one and it don't work out of the box. Verizion sucks. They won't send another kind of phone, this one sucks. I have a friend that works in tech dept at verizion and he said its worst phone they have. Can't wait til my plans are up and will go to integrity mobile and get better plan at better prices. Alltel customer forever until verizion bought us out. Nothing but headaches. Such a pitiful company.

Chuck Davis an unsatisfied customer.

0 Likes