No service on Bionic
exeter

My Bionic will not receive or send text messages or place calls unless on 4G.  I have checked the two boxes for data roaming. Taken out SIM card.  Soft reset.  Nothing is working.   It worked fine 3 days ago.

Tags (5)
0 Likes
Re: No service on Bionic
MankatoMN12
Contributor - Level 2

4G has nothing to do with voice calls... just saying

0 Likes
exeter

Well data isn't working either.  Only works on wifi.  Should have said that in the first post I guess. 

0 Likes
MankatoMN12
Contributor - Level 2

Haha, no problem. I would do a few things, make sure data saver is off (settings, battery and data manager, data saver). If that is off the second thing I would do is to power the device down, remove the battery and the SIM card (don't remove the SD SanDisk memory card) keep out for 30 seconds and reinsert. Power device back on and make sure when it's on that you have WiFi disabled.

0 Likes
freeagain

wow, that answered my question. thank you so much!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Exeter, no worries. I can assist with getting your text messaging issue resolved. Its important that a few settings in your device are enabled on in order to send/recieve text messages. For your convenience, I have provided a few steps to check your settings below:

Apps Menu>Settings>Wireless & Networks> WiFi and Airplane mode must disabed off (no check)

Settings>Wireless & Networks> Mobile Network >tap CDMA/LTE

Settings>Mobile Networks>System Select> tap Automatic

If you continue to have issues with the text messaging feature after completing the steps above, please reply to this message with your mobile number. I would also like to review your account and ensure that you are provisioned correctly. ^LH

0 Likes