No service in areas where I normally have service. No internet either.
Kaileo

Hey all...

Suddenly, my Droid Incred 2 has stopped receiving service in areas where it normally has great reception. I've tried the usual...  restarts, *228, taking out the battery, airplane mode, etc... and nothing works.  Now and then I get a bar but it quickly disappears. 

There's been no physical trauma to the phone.

My housemate also has Verizon, and an older phone at that, but his reception is fine, just like mine used to be.  Is my device salvageable?  My upgrade isn't available until January and I need my phone for my business.

Thanks for any help you can give!

0 Likes
Re: No service in areas where I normally have service. No internet either.
Kaileo

To clarify, I get no service ANYWHERE, even in places where service was previously great.

0 Likes
Kaileo

And now I'm getting the "no service vodafone nl" message....

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

The first thing I would do is to make sure the network mode didn't get changed. Go to menu> settings> mobile networks> preferred network and make sure you have it set to CDMA. If it is and you still don't have service, call tech support and have them send you a new phone.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Demmo did you read --> "no service vodafone nl" message....  Since Vodafone is over in England they would be strictly on GSM wouldn't they.. or would that show that being it's a World Phone... Just wondering..

0 Likes
cait_29

cell service is down

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kaileo, I understand how important it is to have a phone for business purposes and I want to make sure we restore service to your phone. In addition to verifying the steps that demmo mentioned, also go to Settings, Wireless & Networks, Mobile Networks, CDMA Options and verify phone is set to Automatic. If the phone is still showing no service in several areas, I would suggest completing a factory reset http://bit.ly/SF7yS4.

Let me know if continue to have issues with service.

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

That was kind of my point, getting a Vodafone error may be an indication that the phone is in GSM mode.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

OK thank you sir.. when i seen Vodafone i was thinking over sees..

0 Likes
JeremyChambers

I had very similar problem traveling from Munich to Heidleburgh Germany yesterday / today with my Droid Incredible 2 rental phone (obtained in USA).  I have two of these rental phones.  Last night one just started saying "No Service" while the other was fine. 

SOFT RESET fixed the problem: while the phone is on, hold the power-button and then press the volume-down button... a menu pops up on the screen, select RESET.  Unlike a HARD RESET, a SOFT RESET will preserve all your data, gmail account setup, etc. on the phone.  Try SOFT RESET first!!!

0 Likes