Re: No ringtone
bo123

my droid x was doing the same thing. I took it to verizon and they reset it, you will not lose anything you downloaded that you paid for, all pics and contacts will still be there, but you will have to go back to the market and redownload apps and games. you will also have to reset all email addresses.

0 Likes
nikki1021

I just bought this Droid X and have the vibrate/no ring problem. Was eventually able to fix it my going to the motorola site previously mentioned. I was able to fix it by doing the following. What I doin't understand is why Motorola hasn't FIXED the problem. Clearly it's been going on for some time.

258. Nov 19, 2010 11:21 AM (in response to cubenoob)

Re: Warning: "Smart Profile" may stop phone from ringing / NEW! Recover ring without a factory reset

Well, as everyone else, I got the dreaded "no ring of death" using the "Smart Profile: Face Down" feature.  However, I was able to fix it pretty simply, although I've only done it once due to fear that I won't be successful in another attempt.  What I did was really easy.

1.  Make sure that the "Smart Profile: Face Down" feature is enabled.

2.  Hold the phone face up in your palm.

3.  Call yourself from another phone.

4.  As the phone is vibrating, DO NOT ANSWER.

5.  Still holding the phone, flip the phone face down as it vibrates.

6.  Then, flip the phone back over so that it's facing up.

7.  End the call from the phone you are calling from.

After I did those steps, I left the phone face up and called myself again, and then it was finally ringing!  May have been a fluke, but if it worked for me, it may work for some of you as well.  I promptly went back into settings and disabled the Smart Profile: Face Down feature.  Hope this helps, good luck to all of you.

Message was edited by: cubenoob

I have seen this method posted in here a few times and just wanted to say it worked for me!  I was puttering with the phone for a week thinking I downloaded some crazy app that somehow corrupted and began systematically uninstalling apps while playing with the settings - I tried a few other "fixes" without luck, but this one did the trick!

Thanks a lot!

0 Likes
bepeace

this worked for me..after turning off and on un-check Silent Mode..frustrating.

0 Likes