No ringtone
ryneduren

My phone vibrates only, no ring -- I have set volume at highest and tried different ringtones.  It was working previously.  thanks.

0 Likes
Re: No ringtone
csalmjs
Enthusiast - Level 3

As dumb as this sounds..try turning your phone off and then back on.  I am having the same problem with my text message notifcation.  Its set to a ring tone but they come in silent.  I turned it off/back on and it worked.  Maybe that is the same problem you are having.

0 Likes
luvdogs

Sounds as though you might have accidentally set in on either airplane mode or silent mode. Go into settings and make sure that silent mode isn't checked. If it isn't, press the top button until the menu comes up and make sure that airplane mode isn't checked.

0 Likes
ryneduren

Thanks, but I tried this - always my first solution to any computer problem :smileyhappy:   Still stumped.

0 Likes
ryneduren

Thanks, checked airplane mode, etc. but  they are off.   And tried turning off and on.  Still no ringtone.

0 Likes
luvdogs

The only other thing I can think of, beside defective equipment, is when you place your phone face down on a table, it silences the ringtone. When I replace my phone into it's protective shell, it doesn't allow the alarm to ring; however, it does allow ringtones.

0 Likes
ala5656

I am having the same issue with no ringtone...it only vibrates when I receive a call. I do get a notification though when i get a text or instant message.

i had my ringtone on one that i bought, but figured maybe there was an issue with it so i reverted back to a ringtone that came with the phone and still no luck. I've powered the phone on and off a couple of times and even removed the battery. I've gone through the sounds & display manager and making sure that i haven't accidently set it to silent mode; haven't checked the option to silence the ringtone if the phone is turned on its face, etc...still nothing. If i go to the actual ringtones, i can play them just fine, but nothing plays when there is actually a call.

Any suggestions what else i can do? if nothing else i'll see about taking it over to a verizon store this week and having them look at it...maybe they know something i don't

0 Likes
BleedMusic

This is a known issue w/ the software (the "Smart Profile" option in particular), of which i am also a victim :smileysad:

....See the following thread on Motorola's forum for more info...

Warning: "Smart Profile" may stop phone from ringing / NEW! Recover ring without a factory reset: https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/32547

0 Likes
JeffJCom

I have to hard reset my phone to get it to ring?

Who is going to set everything back up for me?  I have better things to do.

Why don't they fix it instead?

Is 2.2 going to fix this?

0 Likes
HollyT

Just did this fix and it worked!  But, you have have to go to page 15 on the post to get the method that worked for me.  Key step is to pull the battery before doing the procedure, then it worked exactly as written.  And immediately after, turn off the Smart Profile feature that triggers the bug...

0 Likes