Re: No problems with my Droid X
Silence

I've had my DX for 7 months or so. No major problems to report other than UE (user error). I am satisfied with the device and see no reason to switch to an I-Phone. My son has an Incredible and we have had no problems with it either.

0 Likes
DrDroidDre
Enthusiast - Level 3
Here's the coolest features I've came across. As far as the speaker issue, go to wallmart and buy the $13 fm transmitter in the car isle. While driving set it to 88.1 and sit in amazement. Yes, I have quality sound out of my four ford explorer sport speakers. Two aaa batteries and your set. Also, by mistake I had a call come in while on he interstate and I did not know what to do. So I answered and within 3 seconds the music stopped and I was having a handsfree conversation inrush hour traffic. Wow! What a cheap way to avoid annoying blue tooth pairing fun. Hmm $80+ for a bluetooth kit that's just purdy or$13 and hands free talk and your own personal music selection. Im from europe and it illegal not mention difficult to hold a while driving on the autobahn.
Guess what my fellow droid friends are getting for christmas. Yep, a german engineered talkinshpiel aka $13 walmart fm transmitter. Thouht that would be cool to say.
As far as the other cool features, I have another cheap engineering trick that will make you look like you have just went through the evolution machine from the mario brothers movie. I downloaded the emulator that was free which allows you to pick a game, and it takes you to download the correct app to play that game, but wait. I grabbed my sons wii controller and found a free app where I can sit back and play the games via bluetooth. Word!!! Very simple and you will have your IT guys at work blown away.

As far as the lagging, you probably as the previous comments stated, have downloaded a free app that jacked up your x. Don't feel bad bc I downloaded everything free out excitement and what worked wasa total restore. Just make sure your info is on back up assistant which is free. After all the playing around I read all comments first and research before anything.
I hope this was useful, sorry about the life story but im the doc.
0 Likes
ripplecutbuddha

DrDroidDre wrote:
Here's the coolest features I've came across. As far as the speaker issue, go to wallmart and buy the $13 fm transmitter in the car isle. While driving set it to 88.1 and sit in amazement. Yes, I have quality sound out of my four ford explorer sport speakers. Two aaa batteries and your set. Also, by mistake I had a call come in while on he interstate and I did not know what to do. So I answered and within 3 seconds the music stopped and I was having a handsfree conversation inrush hour traffic. Wow! What a cheap way to avoid annoying blue tooth pairing fun. Hmm $80+ for a bluetooth kit that's just purdy or$13 and hands free talk and your own personal music selection.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I went even cheaper. My car has a cassette player. I bought an old cassette adapter from a pawn shop for three bucks, plugged it into my phone, then had the music I wanted plus the instant hands-free phone situation.

Even better news for those with autos that have an auxiliary audio jack...it all works the same way with the cord available from the VW store.

This phone totally rocks.....at least until the Bionic comes out :smileyhappy:

Thank you for your attention.

0 Likes
pvcdroid

I'm thrilled with my Droid X. Have had it since mid August. It's not perfect and I did have wifi issues at first. Every phone has some issues but this was such a great transition from my old WinMo Samsung Saga that I liked as well. It is a go to for all of my information and entertainment.  I have a bluetooth speaker system at home and blast through that a lot. I have the car dock with charger all set in my car and use navigation a lot. I upgraded my car stereo and stream music through bluetooth from the X all the time. There are some glitches occasionally but nothing overwhelming. The phone is a solid build as well without a scratch after dropping it many times. I've upgraded my storage to 32gb and have a plethora of accessories for it. I'm so glad to see the Droid X2 having the same design so my multimedia and car dock equipment will be reusable once I do upgrade in a year or so. The smartphones of 2010 and beyond are a game changer and life enhancers. Knowledge is truly at your fingertips at all times and the Droid X is very responsive. I go to the droid x forum on Motorola's site frequently and get irritated with the whiners that just won't stop on certain subjects. No matter what, there is always going to be people you can't please. The camera is very usable and produces great images with low light limitations. Again, to hear some people complain about the camera is an irritant as well. You can't expect Nikon type quality from a small lense on a phone. Jeez, be happy with what they gave you.

0 Likes
Mooselodge24

I haven't had any real problems with my Droid X.... The only thing I can think of is the recent software update has things kinda jacked up between the Adv Task Killer not working correctly and if the screen times out then you try turn back on. Like going into a text message, it doesn't let me type and I have to back out to home screen, lock the phone wait for so long and go back in.  Even then it doesn't always work, I may have to restart to do it.

0 Likes
LoydroidX
Contributor - Level 3

I just got off online chat with a Verizon Wireless CSR (Frances).  I made some changes to my plan.  I went to unlimited text because with my Droid X, my texting has increased trememdously.  (Over the past three months, I went from 250 to 500 to 5000 plans.  I found I could save a few bucks by going to the unlimited text plan.)  All because of this phone...the Droid X.  Loving it more every day!

0 Likes