No more ringtones?!
rGamache
Literally overnight, all of the default ringtones on my Incredible 2 disappeared. I now only have one. But when I go into my sound profile and check the volume settings I hear my selected tones. But when I receive calls/texts the sounds are changed. Help?!
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No more ringtones?!
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi rGamache!

I understand the importance of ringtone assignments and would like to assist you with some questions and suggestions. 

Are you using any third party applications to download the ringtones (Like Zedge, FunForMobileRingtones, etc.)? Have you removed or formatted the SD card? If you have downloaded ringtone applications, they are saved to the SD card. If the SD card is removed or formatted, then the contacts will play the default ringtone. This could be what is causing this to happen. 

I would recommend uninstalling the application(s) and then re-downloading them. Please follow these steps:

Press Menu

Press Settings

Press Applications

Press Manage Applications

Find the app and press it

Select Uninstall

Select OK

To reinstall, simply pull up the Android Market and re-download. 

Please let us know if you need additional assistance. 

Thank you,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: No more ringtones?!
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi rGamache!

I understand the importance of ringtone assignments and would like to assist you with some questions and suggestions. 

Are you using any third party applications to download the ringtones (Like Zedge, FunForMobileRingtones, etc.)? Have you removed or formatted the SD card? If you have downloaded ringtone applications, they are saved to the SD card. If the SD card is removed or formatted, then the contacts will play the default ringtone. This could be what is causing this to happen. 

I would recommend uninstalling the application(s) and then re-downloading them. Please follow these steps:

Press Menu

Press Settings

Press Applications

Press Manage Applications

Find the app and press it

Select Uninstall

Select OK

To reinstall, simply pull up the Android Market and re-download. 

Please let us know if you need additional assistance. 

Thank you,

0 Likes
Re:my ringtones disappeared too
mamazoni

Hi,

I have an LG enV touch-  about two months ago, near as I can tell, most of the factory loaded ringtones disappeared from my phone.  I now have a choice of four, where before there were three pages of them to scroll through.   I don't have an SD card in the phone- never did- and never did download any other ringtones.  Is there a way to reset the phone so those default ringtones are there again?

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Re:my ringtones disappeared too
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

mamazoni wrote:

Hi,

I have an LG enV touch-  about two months ago, near as I can tell, most of the factory loaded ringtones disappeared from my phone.  I now have a choice of four, where before there were three pages of them to scroll through.   I don't have an SD card in the phone- never did- and never did download any other ringtones.  Is there a way to reset the phone so those default ringtones are there again?

Thanks

Hello mamazoni!

It is strange your preloaded ringtones disappeared.  I would like to help.

If you are referring to the preloaded call ringtones in the Sound Settings menu, you should only have a select few to choose from.  These are not capable of being deleted.  To change these you would: touch the Menu key > touch Settings & Tools > touch Sound Settings > touch Call Sounds > touch Call Ringtone > then select the ringtone of your choice.  You can also purchase and download ringtones from the VZW Tones application in Media Center.  Here's some more information about VZW Tones Deluxe & V Cast Tones here.

Resetting your phone will not reload any missing ringtones, so this is why I'm suggesting downloading a ringtone application or you may use the currently pre-installed ringtones in Sound Settings.

I hope I have answered your questions, and have addressed your concerns.

0 Likes