No longer receiving Yahoo e-mail alerts after system upgrade
mkjmugs

Due to getting "SD Card Damaged" message I recently downloaded a system upgrade for my Droid X phone.  Since then I no longer receive Yahoo e-mail alerts.  I've checked settings to confirm I have selected "missed beep" and 15 minute intervals for pulling new message.  Any ideas?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: No longer receiving Yahoo e-mail alerts after system upgrade
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Welcome.  🙂   SEARCH is your friend on these forums.  Your issue has been discussed many times and what most people have found to work is to :

- remove your Yahoo account (My Accounts)

- delete/remove your YAHOO email App (unless you're using the native email APP, which then you can't).

- Power down phone & do a CLEAR CACHE  (see below)

- Power up & Add your YAHOO account back to MY ACCOUNTS

-  If you have to, redownload/install your email APP

test

Wiping cache partition -  cures many ills and is better to start with this than a (gulp) full Factory Reset.

• Power off
  • Power On Holding Home Key
  • When Andy with Exlamation Point Shows up Press BOTH Volume keys
  • Use Volume Keys to navigate to "wipe cache partition" and tap power button to select
  • Wait for it to finish and select reboot system
0 Likes
Re: No longer receiving Yahoo e-mail alerts after system upgrade
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you had searched the forum, you would have seen there are several posts discussing Yahoo issues. Of which I don't believe are related to the Gingerbread update.

Also if you are using IE9 to post on this community, please turn on the compatibility mode. Without that mode on, the browser tends to create blank posts and duplicate posts. Both of which happened to your post. I have notified the mods to remove the extras.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes