No Sound in or out
Inkslngr
Enthusiast - Level 2

I remeoved my droid x from its otterbox holder to clean..reinserted and now have no sound unless I turn on external speaker

I still hear the tone (droid) when I get a text but nothing in or out during a call without the external on..help???

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No Sound in or out
Inkslngr
Enthusiast - Level 2

no mist..but i took the phone to verzion for a hard reboot...same issue..but its working with the external speaker and blue tooth

thanks for all your help

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Have you tried powering down & pulling battery for 30 secs?  try that first and we'll go from there.

0 Likes
Inkslngr
Enthusiast - Level 2

thanks for the quick reply Cody..tried it and called another phone still no sound but this time the other phone heard my ringtone playing and my music player is on??? I dont know how it came on and cant find how to shut it off.. help again please?

0 Likes
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Very strange indeed..  Try running in SAFE MODE -  not sure if this is possible if you're trying to launch 3rd party APPS, but if you can't reproduce in SAFE MODE, it sounds like you have some 3rd party APP causing your issue.

Boot into SAFE MODE - Useful for testing phone for a "rogue" 3rd party APP. Avoid starting any 3rd party APPS when booted in

this mode. Only start the ones you need for testing.

1. Power Off phone

2. Press & Hold the MENU Button (far left hard button)

3. While Holding MENU, power up phone

After about 1-2 mins. the phone will say SAFE MODE or WiFi in lower left corner.

To get out of Safe Mode, just power off/on as normal.

0 Likes
Inkslngr
Enthusiast - Level 2

ok rebooted in safemode..same thing no sound unless external speaker is on.any other ideas?

thanks

Bill

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Inkslngr wrote:

ok rebooted in safemode..same thing no sound unless external speaker is on.any other ideas?

thanks

Bill

Bill when you was cleaning your X was you any kind of spray near it or were you just using a dry cloth to clean it.

0 Likes
Inkslngr
Enthusiast - Level 2

no mist..but i took the phone to verzion for a hard reboot...same issue..but its working with the external speaker and blue tooth

thanks for all your help

0 Likes