No Froyo in NYC for me...whats the deal?
Grayson

I still have not received the 2.2 upgrade. I am in NYC. Please let me know if you haven't received it either. I tried to download that zip file to update my phone but was not successful. My comp will not allow me to download the zip file so cannot do that. How long will it take for everyone to get the upgrade. My buddies in school got theirs, so am not sure what's up. Please let know if you have not received it,

Thanks,

0 Likes
Re: No Froyo in NYC for me...whats the deal?
AZSALUKI
Legend

i just bumped a thread to the top of the forum for you....hopefully people will check in on it again. the thread died yesterday so i assumed everyone would have it by tonight. hope you get it tonight (or this morning ...i guess it's am in NY)

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3
Download the zip file to your phone then. Search these threads for the complete instructions.
0 Likes
Grayson

How do I download the zip to my phone?   Do not download first to my pc then my phone, or connect my phone to pc then download  the zip? Im not the best with this stuff, was hoping i would have received the OTA by now.

Thanks

0 Likes
Grayson

Thank you. I have a fealing I am not going to receive it. Not sure what up. It has been a week, its a little wierd right?

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

there is no reason that your pc shouldn't allow you to download a zip file (none that i'm aware of). i'm not sayin you can't figure this out....but if you're not a techy type of person, i don't know that i would try this???

0 Likes
Grayson

I can download it, but then cannot open it, says an error occured. Not super techy but fairly smart (lol). I tried it on 2 different computers and the same error occured. So I am patiently waiting for the OTA.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

http://community.vzw.com/t5/DROID-Incredible-by-HTC/Manually-Install-Froyo-2-2-on-Droid-Incredible/t...

don't know if this will help? if you right click the zip file you should get an option to "unzip." you can't just "open" a zip file. you must first unzip it by right clicking and selecting "unzip" or "extract."

0 Likes
FramCire

If you do not have froyo yet, send me a message, I might be able to help if I dont fall asleep.

0 Likes
Grayson

OK..I will try this tomorrow. Thanks and I will see if I can do it tomorrow. I didnt try to uzip first. The adobe readed came on and then it just froze up. Thanks

0 Likes