Re: No 3G, No 4G--Incredibly Frustrated!
andrew33g

Just got off with Verizon.  This issue is for  "All 4G phones in the Northeast".  Great.  Told me to connect to wifi so my phone will work until they can get it fixed.  Not what I was hoping for.

0 Likes
Kingfox

DC5_K20Z1 wrote:
Where is it that everyone with these issues lives? Could be a network issue around the general area where you guys live. I've had the update since saturday on my charge and on my wife's charge and they both have been amazing, both dater than before, no data drops at all, no reboots, no freezing....just smooth and working wonderfully.

Looks like you called it, seems to be an issue in the NE.

0 Likes
PhillipDampier

There is a widespread LTE outage in the northeastern USA, particularly in New York, Pennsylvania, and south into Virginia:

http://stopthecap.com/2011/12/07/verizon-wireless-lte-outage-impacts-service-on-east-coast/

0 Likes
JstOneMoreDroid
Enthusiast - Level 2

Looks like someone pushed out a software upgrade to the towers that fubared the whole thing.... I hope ti's not bricked....  can ODIN be used to flash the tower rom?

0 Likes
ericdhartman

This is getting irratating to say the least. We pay a premium price for our devices and our plans and there is less quality in service as the price increases.

Just an FYI for those of you that cannot get data to work at all: If you go into your phone settings (Android) > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > System Selection .... Select CDMA Mode and Automatic.

This should force you into 3G since the switch doesn't seem to be happening automatically. Still spotty, but if you have no WiFi available, it works in a pinch. Just remember to set it back when 4G is restored.

This is an announcement that Verizon should be sending out via text message. After all, they're pretty good at texting us if we're late on our bills!

Come on Big RED... get with the program!!!

0 Likes
kmn3686

I hope Verizon does right here... too many people rely on there devices. I am dead in the water because I can’t get my work email 

I spoke with a tech who told me that there was an issue but it was related to Samsung phones, specifically the droid charge. However, from reading the posts it appears to have nothing to do with the make and model of the phone. 

I was able to get 3g working a little bit by switching to cdma mode only. However, that does not appear to be working at the moment. This morning it was working for a little bit, but now that is not working. 

0 Likes
cstephens

This is not an isolated Charge issue. I now have a Motorola Droid and have begun having this issue since the middle of last month. Prior to that I had a Fascinate, with a host of problems, but I did not have issues with retaining my wi-fi connection in my home or a signal problem AT WORK. I had signal problems AT HOME. Now, I have signal problems everywhere. So, I'm guessing that VZW isdoing work on their network that's causing this widespread connectivity issue with various phone types across the board.

0 Likes
DanV

Not that I want to jinx anything, but I've had 4G back in NYC for 5 whole minutes now.  Long enough to DL a bunch of Market APP updates.

0 Likes
andrew33g

I'm in Baltimore and still dont have any service.  This sucks.

0 Likes
ut_icedragon

Its out in NW Ohio as well. Lost it this morning around noon.

Granted the network issues with 4G are frustrating, but its still better than what AT&T calls 4G and anything else I can make on my own.

0 Likes