Re: News & Facebook Feeds Not Updating
kenner56

Same "not updating" problem hit me New Year's Day as well.  I have to believe that there are a ton of people who have been hit with this issue.  If this gets to be a common occurrence I may opt for switching back to my 6-year-old phone.

0 Likes
ChrisCompton

Mark, I am also considering a hard reset.  If you decide to pull the trigger on that one before I do, let me know what happens.  I noticed the reply to you from Matt on the Motorola forum that there was a network outage shortly after the New Year.  Perhaps that might have something to do with the problem.  I'm just hoping there is an easier solution than resetting the phone, as I just got this thing all configured to my likings (as I'm sure you have as well). 

0 Likes
bassislife
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've also been considering a hard reset.  My wife's phone is only a couple of weeks old, so she doesn't have a bunch of stuff on there yet.  If it doesn't correct itself by this evening (and we haven't heard of an official fix), I'll give it a shot.  Someone has to be first, right?

0 Likes
AmandaErin

Same problem here... ugh:smileymad:

0 Likes
lekamarie
I contacted Motorola about these issues last night: one hour and three agents later I was told that motoblur is down for maintenance because of the amount of calls they had regarding the widgets not working. She advised me that it should be back up in 24 hours. So frustrating! I downloaded android widgets for facebook,news, etc. in the mean time. I would rather return the phone than do a hard reset!
0 Likes
qnguyen

I performed a hard reset on my phone, linked it back to my FB account and now the social widget works without a problem.

0 Likes
kenner56

Happy to report that the system problems seem to have been corrected.  Updates are starting to come through for me again.

0 Likes
MarkPhlipy

Okay so Chris and bassislife and I have been chasing each other around the forums (fora?) and first off, found that Motorola was very responsive.  So kudos to Motorola, and I'd suggest anyone with Droid-specific issues should try their forum as well as DroidForum and this one for issues.  Between the three we can find some answers.

Unfortunately, right now the answer is, RESET:

QUOTED from MATT, Tech Support at Motorola Owner's Forum:

"Jan 5, 2011 12:55 PM  News & Weather not working !!

We've checked the MEIDs provided and it appears that those phones are no longer showing up on our server. We are investigating why that has happened -- it appears to have affected an extremely small number of phones. (So small that it didn't show up in our overall account numbers but blended into the general variation.)

For now a factory reset seems like a solution. While resets are nowhere near as difficult as they used to be, I know  they can be a bit of a pain. It's possible that we'll have a better solution later, but I for now, it's all I got. "

:robotvery-happy:

NOW, having said that, MY reset experience did not go well, and I'm still struggling, but part of that is my GOSH DARN Google mail accounts, which are a mess, BTW.

BUT, the widgets are fixed, and everything seems to be updating.

My other issue is the "extremely small number" mentioned above.  It seems to be growing every day, but I suppose in the grand scheme of things, a few hundred bad phone connects is a drop in the bucket for Motorola and Verizon.

I have to admit they are very responsive and are trying to fix this problem for even us small potatoes.

So keep the phone, keep the faith, and let's try and SOLVE the problem now that we've FIXED it!

Cheers.

M*

0 Likes
lekamarie
Motorola was responsive- its back up and its was less than 24 hours as I was told last night.
0 Likes
ShadowZX8

I also Hard reset my phone. it all works perfect now, for now.

Thanks!:smileyvery-happy:

0 Likes