Newbie help-incredible
ukcat58

New to the smartphone. 2 questions of many.  Since the upgrade, I cannot play a full youtube video. After 5-30 seconds, it freezes then the screen says cannot play video . 2- This may seem dumb, but when I receive a text message, it shows the number and not the contact name . How do I fix this? Thanks for helping.

0 Likes
Re: Newbie help-incredible
AZSALUKI
Legend

mine was doing that (the text issue), but now it's not??? i didn't do anything to fix it....it just started showing the contact names again after a day or so??? i actually hadn't noticed it until i went in to my messages and realized the entire list had no names....just #s.

0 Likes
budone
Legend

ukcat58 wrote:

New to the smartphone. 2 questions of many.  Since the upgrade, I cannot play a full youtube video. After 5-30 seconds, it freezes then the screen says cannot play video . 2- This may seem dumb, but when I receive a text message, it shows the number and not the contact name . How do I fix this? Thanks for helping.

I am not having either issue. I use Handcent for my text messaging and the contact name is showing up. Do you have your contacts set up WITH area code?

You may want to try pulling the battery while the phone is on, wait a minute, replace and power up to see if ti does anything to help.

0 Likes
Ambreezy
Contributor - Level 3

I understand your frustrations with your device. To try and correct the issue you may want to try doing a battery pull and dialing *228 press send and select option 2 to update. When you then set up the contacts, if they do not try adding the are code. If that does not work try doing a hard reset on your device.  

Here are the steps to hard reset:

From the home screen, select the applications tab (located in the lower-left).
Select Settings.
Select SD & phone storage.
Select Factory data reset
Select the reset option. 
Reset phone 
Resets the phone 
Reset phone & Internal storage 
Resets the phone and the internal storage 

From the home screen, select the applications tab (located in the lower-left).
Select Settings.
Select SD & phone storage.

Select Factory data reset

Select the reset option. 

-Reset phone 

Resets the phone 

-Reset phone & Internal storage 

Resets the phone and the internal storage 

Select Erase Everything

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

fyi....if you do the reset you will LOSE everything that is not stored on your sd card so you will want to back up anything that you don't mind losing.

0 Likes