New voicemail
noboatfey42

Notification details indicate that I have 2 Voicemails, however when i open them it is not voicemail received but instead my announcement message.  When I tap on the new voicemail I hear my announcement and after the message, a beep indicating for me to leave a message.  In essence I am sending a message to myself.  The problem is that I cannot delete these 2 voicemail announcements.  Any tips what I should do?

0 Likes
Re: New voicemail
Wildman
Legend

Question are you accessing the voice mails from the Visual Voice Mail app or actually calling your voice mail?

0 Likes
noboatfey42

OK here is the full story.  I had on my phone 2 messages but were saving them.  I would call in and enter my pin and here the messages that were left.  That all changed as noted before.  The reason, I believe, is that my son loaded on my phone google voice.  G voice as you may know not only gives you the audio message left but also the script.  Now when I go in and try to get those saved messages, my greeting plays and wants me to leave a message.  It is like sending a message to myself.  I do not use virtual voice.  I use the systems voicemail to get my messages.  I just want to delete these voicemails from my notification screen.  How can I do that?

0 Likes
August03
Contributor - Level 3

You have to listen to the entire message until its completed. Once you have listened to the entiremessage, then you would have to choose to save or delete the message. Once you have chosen to save the message after its completely done, then the notification is removed from the screen. If you start the message and you don't listen to the entire message, it will keep the message as new and the notification stays on the screen. Try going back and listening to the entire message on the voicemail, and then saving the message if you want to keep it.

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

You can also start message playback and then press #9 and this will mark message as read..

0 Likes
noboatfey42

I will further clarify the problem:

When I pull down the top bar there is a notification section.  In this notification section it says the following;  new voicemail (2) Dial *86.  When I tap on it, the screen momentarily shows voicemail then shifts to the dial pad.  At this point I do nothing and what plays is my own voicemail announcment with my voice asking that I leave a message after the tone.  If I leave a message it is my own voice leaving a message.  So in essence what happened was I left a message to my own recorded voice announced message.  Next, my phone alerts me I have a new message.  I play it back and it is my voice that was recorded from the message I left.  While that recorded message is playing there is no way to save it or *9 it.  So I am stuck at this point.  I can delete this message but it does not delete the voicemail notificaion announcement.  This notification announcement is what I want to delete off the screen.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
If I am reading your last post right, are you not getting the request to enter your password/pin?

Try going to Settings > call settings > voicemail settings and see if there is an option to clear voicemail notifications

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
noboatfey42

Don't have that option. 

0 Likes
noboatfey42
No. I am not getting a request for a sign in and/or password or pin
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Not sure about why you are not getting the request for the password when you dial *86 from your phone.

Let's try and get those notifications to go away.
Dial your cell number from any other phone than your phone. When you hear your greeting press #. It will ask you for your password. Enter the password. Listen and follow the voice prompts to either delete or save whatever messages are on your voicemail.

Hope this helps.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes