New to Droid 2 from Blackberry and Not necessarily happy
fpwil1

I've only had my Droid 2 for several days and I'm not to happy. First, why doesn't the gmail account they made me get show up along with my hotmail and company account for messaging notification. Secondarily, I don't seem to be able to get ringtone notifiactions for any else other than text messages. I really need a rington for Company email etc. I have tried suggestions I have seen here on this site to get them but they don't work. When I go to Accounts, I don't get any option that says anything about adding ringtones etc. I should not have to down load an app for this.

I have also noted comments made about what salesman have said about USB cable hook ups etc for use to download from outlook. I too was told this along with suggestions that i could manage all apps etc from my pc etc. I can't even get driver software to download to my computer at the office and or at home to accomplish anything. I get an error message that says driver wasn't downloaded successfully, with no options available to fix it. all of these including some lack of ease of operation is making me long for my old Blackberry World Edition back again, with the better 4 year old technology.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: New to Droid 2 from Blackberry and Not necessarily happy
lance96816
Contributor - Level 2

I had my droid for a week, and I'm still fustrated... I used to be on an SideKick, and a Blackberry. 

Calm your fustration. It's a learning curve from one device to another.

Have you tried enrolling at a workshop at your verizion store?

as for your email ringtone.

Try goto Messaging>Menu>Messeging settings>Email>Notifications>select ringtone.

Im learing too. I went to one workshop already, and plan to go to another.

"Woof"

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Protege
Contributor - Level 1
To assign a ringtone to a specific contact...

G too contacts, click on the contact that you want, click menu, click edit, scroll to bottom and click additional info, scroll to bottom where it says"call handling" and you should be able to assign a ringtone here.

Why are you worried about gmail notifications? for email? Messenger? Gtalk or calender or what? please be more specific here. Your phone is fine, I was the same way when I switched from blackberry to droid. calm down, step back, learn your phone, have fun.
0 Likes
lance96816
Contributor - Level 2

I had my droid for a week, and I'm still fustrated... I used to be on an SideKick, and a Blackberry. 

Calm your fustration. It's a learning curve from one device to another.

Have you tried enrolling at a workshop at your verizion store?

as for your email ringtone.

Try goto Messaging>Menu>Messeging settings>Email>Notifications>select ringtone.

Im learing too. I went to one workshop already, and plan to go to another.

"Woof"

0 Likes
SkyHawkPA

Welcome to the club of frustrated users.  Wait until you try to text someone only to discover that what they receive is either jibberish or the message is actually missing.  I was told by the Verizon tech that  an update to the software will take care of the problem but no word on when the software will appear.  In the meantime, don't punctuate, use the shift key or try to make a new paragraph. My three year old LG had better text capability--this is progress?

As to getting contact information from Outlook onto your Droid2--forget it.

I hope you don't want to use the Droid as a phone because it will sound as if you are listening to someone in a closet with a pillow over your head.

Don't be surprised when the keyboard gets blisteringly hot and the battery runs down in a matter of hours.  Intermittent problem but annoying (and sometimes painful)

Take it back while you still can.  I waited too long (16 days).  Two years can't come soon enough.

Have fun with it?  I guess getting poked in the eye with a sharp stick may be some folks idea of fun, but I can't recommend it

0 Likes
fpwil1

I know, its hard but you can tach an old dog new tricks. You're right, i just need to step back take a deep breath and relax. I do think that once i get ised to everything it will be a great device.

0 Likes
fpwil1

Perfect, now that was a nice explanation that I could follow and got the results i needed. Looks like a class in in order.

0 Likes
lance96816
Contributor - Level 2

Know what you mean...

I miss my Sidekick a lot.

And I was seriously thinking of just using my BB.

But my BB died, and with no insurance. I went ahead and upgraded. I'm improving.

But seriously, Attend a workshop, I found features that i thought the Droid didn't have, was called differently as compared to the BB and SideKick.

"Woof"

Here's a link to the workshop.

https://vzwworkshops.wds.vzw.com/vzwworkshops/

WOOF WOOF!

0 Likes