New Update???
spanky4350
Contributor - Level 1
I have been running 2.1 as I didn't want to update just yet. Well this morning it forced the new 2.3.340 update on my phone. When I got to work and woke my phone up it showed update complete. I didn't know it would force an update and only thought I would have to do it manually. Is this normal??

I won't have time until tonight to mess with it but did notice some more bloatware. Does anyone know all the new bloatware it adds as well?
Also, since it updated is there anything I should do like reboot the phone?
0 Likes
Re: New Update???
Cody21
Master - Level 2

Not sure why it "PUSHED" it automatically ...  unless it times out after a while if you don't acknowledge the prompt. Congrats on the update though - it seems pretty stable. No need to reboot. Many of us have been running the the release for 5 days or so by now.  The only additional bloatware is the MADDEN11 APP, which unfortunately you can't uninstall, like much of the other bloatware. Just don't click on it to "try it" or you will download 210MB of data to your SD card.

0 Likes
felickz

I have stopped getting force close when viewing battery usage, that was a great improvment for me!

This shows what has been updated... Only bloatware i see is Madden, but when you launch it downloads even more data so its not truly bloat... just a little downloader program.

http://support.vzw.com/pdf/system_update/droid_x.pdf

0 Likes
spanky4350
Contributor - Level 1

I thought I saw some other apps it added. I think it added 3 or 4 including Madden.

I should mention I just came from 2.1

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

If you updated from 2.1 to 2.2.1 there is a number of apps added to the install but if you dont use them I wouldnt worry about the apps because they cant be removed. 2.2.1 is a nice improvement over 2.1 and 2.2 so in my opinion the force upgrade is a good thing.

0 Likes
spanky4350
Contributor - Level 1

I see you call it 2.2.1, but wonder why it shows 2.3.340?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

2.3.340 is the System Version number but 2.2.1 is the Android version number, under Settings >Abount Phone

CAP201012141025.jpg

0 Likes