New Status Bar Symbol
DeadFredd

I did the new update a few days ago and I have this new status bar symbol.  It is a house with signal bars on top of it.  Any ideas as to what it means?

0 Likes
Re: New Status Bar Symbol
WTTTT
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't have the new version yet, but based on your description, I would guess it is a wifi icon.

0 Likes
DeadFredd

That is what I thought at first, but the WiFi symbol is on at the same time as the house symbol

0 Likes
WTTTT
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well then, I don't know.  I would have bet that a symbol such as that must mean wifi.  Maybe someone else will know for sure.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

locations services? possibly? try disabling all of your location services (gps, verizon, and google....in your settings) and see if it disappears.

0 Likes
wkavan02
Contributor - Level 1

Could be Verizon's constant notification to enable WiFi being added to this device, like it is on the Galaxy S III and DROID Incredible 4G LTE

0 Likes
jco23
Contributor - Level 3

can you provide a screenshot?

0 Likes
tjgeek2012
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do you have a Verizon Network Extender? I have the same icon and my lock screen now says "Network Extender" instead of "Verizon Wireless" when I am in range of my extender.

0 Likes
davelocal
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Verizon Network Extender. I have the same icon.

0 Likes
NellieNobody

I can confirm what other users have said, that the house with signal waves icon in the status bar indicates the Verizon Network Extender. After reading the above, I powered off my Network Extender and the icon disappeared. I powered it back on and the icon reappeared after the Network Extender SYS LED turned blue.

0 Likes