New HTC Droid Incredible - Working with POP Email
Dexxter
Enthusiast - Level 2

I received my new Droid Incredible today and have set up my 3 POP email accounts from EarthLink.

My question is:  How do I save emails that come in from my clients so that I can refer back to them, sometimes

days later?

There seems to be 3 folders - TRASH, SENT, and DRAFTS - Is there anyway to create more/different folders to save old

email?

Email seems to disappear after I've read them.  On my BlackBerry Curve the email stays on the phone until I manually delete them.

Maybe there's an App out there that will better handle POP email.

Thanks for any instruction/advice you can give me.

Dex

0 Likes
Re: New HTC Droid Incredible - Working with POP Email
delfina666

Hi;  I am actually looking for the email folders that YOU HAVE ALREADY FOUND!  Where do I locate the "DRAFT" folder?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

Open mail,then MENU, Folder option are in there

0 Likes
doyling
Enthusiast - Level 3

Did you have any luck with this? I am in the same boat. I want my Outlook POP email onto my Incredible.

0 Likes
sHaY_j
Contributor - Level 3

Here's how to add a POP email account to your Incredible.

1. Press HOME , and then tap Mail.

2. Do one of the following:

-- If this is your first time to add an email account in Mail, tap Choose a mail provider

Other (POP3/IMAP) on thescreen.

--If you have already added an email account in Mail, tap on the upper-left corner , and then tap New Account. If the Choose a mail provider screen is displayed, tap Other (POP3/IMAP).

3. Enter the Email address and Password for the email account and then tap Next.

--If the account type you want to set up is not in the phone database, you will be asked to

enter more details.

4.Enter the Account name and Your name and then tap Finish setup.

,HTH:smileywink:

0 Likes
doyling
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for the input. I am waiting for my gadget to arrive and just making notes for now. I am wondering on the technique, will the message be on both the Outlook machine and the phone as IMAP can do? OR will it be one or the other?

0 Likes
budone
Legend

If using IMAP, no (at least for me) there is not an option to leave the message on the server, so they are deleted. So I steered clear of that. I set mine up (Charter) with incoming set the same as on my PC, then outgoing, I set up with SSL and the correct port to send the email.

Here is the info from an older thread.

When you set up an email account, do it manually. The first settings is for incoming,

Click mail, more, New account

Choose OtherPop3/IMAP

Make sure Protocol is set to Pop

Enter your email address and password you use currently. Choose manual setup.

Scroll down and enter your incoming server ( ie mail,charter.net  for me) leave security set to none and leave the port number alone and choose NEXT

Next screen Checkmark LOGIN REQUIRED. Enter the correct outgoing Server setting. For me it is mobile.charter.net. (Usually this info can be found on the ISP website)

Security type choose SSL

Port 587

Click Next

Hope this helps. Enjoy your phone when it arrives.

0 Likes