Re: New Android phone.
yorigasi
0 Likes
DorjePismo

I've been following VZ's lurch toward Open Androidgeny for about a month, and the pace is frustrating but the news is good.  It's better to have the thing done right and two months later.  The announcement by VZ and Google means that a lot of hackers will be working very, very hard.  I think the Motophone will probably be very good, because the company will tank if it's not.  I also think that a year from now, we'll be anxious to dump it because the new stuff that will have come out by then will be incredible.  This is a fast-moving area, and Android's its fast lane.  May we live in interesting times.

0 Likes
yorigasi

Yup this is only the beginning of Android phones.  Cant wait what next year will bring to the possibilities.   

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

Paleogirl,

It seems that the deals get better and worse depending on the economy.  Like when it was first looking bad the deals were great to bring people in then when it was really bad they were not so great because a. no one would buy anything anyway and b. the company was having a tough time and couldn't afford to subsidize as much.  This year i think will be good minor upswings are starting and for those of us who still have jobs things are looking better.  It will take a while longer for the unemployment numbers to decline sufficiently but i think we will see some nice deals this year.  Verizon specifically doesn't usually have killer deals more like they always have they just have bigger ones and some of the better phones end up buy one get one free.  Not a whole lot of cheap prices but good bogos.

0 Likes
Paleogirl2003
Enthusiast - Level 1

thanks for the info fezzik

0 Likes
fastpc2

New Android phone, MOTO , ha, ha, ha..  LOOKS like a HTC TOUCH PRO 2 , copy cat with a different OS, you can have the same with a winmo , free apps , oh, did i forget 2 tell u TP2 will upgrade 2 (6.5 os) & already has touch FLO 3-D, look at u-tube man,have u seen what this can do? , well if ur going 2 wait , anyways , i am sure VZ is going 2 carry samsung's 12 megapic touch screen phone some day too. look at boy genius web site , ALOT of i-phone killers r heading this way. but if u want a phone now get in line & order a TP2 now. if u want **bleep**ty coverage try the other guys , been there.

0 Likes
n0yxl
Enthusiast - Level 3

fastpc2 wrote:

New Android phone, MOTO , ha, ha, ha..  LOOKS like a HTC TOUCH PRO 2 , copy cat with a different OS, you can have the same with a winmo , free apps , oh, did i forget 2 tell u TP2 will upgrade 2 (6.5 os) & already has touch FLO 3-D, look at u-tube man,have u seen what this can do? , well if ur going 2 wait , anyways , i am sure VZ is going 2 carry samsung's 12 megapic touch screen phone some day too. look at boy genius web site , ALOT of i-phone killers r heading this way. but if u want a phone now get in line & order a TP2 now. if u want **bleep**ty coverage try the other guys , been there.

LOL, dude.  Have you compared the specs between the Moto Droid and the TP2? Not even close. There are also several advantages with the new Android OS as it's newer, faster, better apps development, etc...

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

You could go with WinMo but why would you want to?

0 Likes
Paleogirl2003
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon employees see the Motorola Sholes/Droid/Tao and Calgary emerge in internal tools http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/10/13/verizon-employees-see-the-motorola-sholes-and-calgary-emer...

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

I just want some solid information at this point.  I am getting antsy.  I want these to come out a month or so before I upgrade and I am wondering if it will be before December now.  Also the rumors that the Tao will have Android 2 seem to be just that.  I hope that doesn't hold it up.  Also I am intrigued by the HTC now.  There is virtually no information out there except that it has wifi certification and it exists and has passed FCC muster.  There seems to be a lot of speculation that it will be a HERO but I still question that at this point.  I think if it were just going to be a Hero it would have been released much quicker.  All they would have to have done is changed the firmware and some graphics.  It may be very hero like but I would be surprised if it is a Hero clone. 

0 Likes