New Android phone.
earlw33

Just got back from T-Mobile.  They will expect to have the new Motorla Android phone in the next 3 to 4 weeks.  They have produced a phone that has everything I want in a phone.  Android, WiFi, full HTML browser, removable memory, and full QWERTY keyboard.  On top of that the new MotoBlur looks awesome!  My name is on the waiting list for when they get some in!!

Looks like you guys have a couple of weeks to match it, or our family will be another that takes our money else where.  I know many customers have told you how important it is to have a choice of an Android phone.  I guess it is just to bad you don't listen to your customers and give us what we want.

I know of a handful of people that have left VZW for a specific phone.  I wonder how many people have left?

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: New Android phone.
siegeshot

Man I don't know where you live, but I have a friend stuck in a T-mobile contract right now that practically screams in agony every day cuz she can't have an iPhone. Gets crap for coverage in a major metropolitan city and curses the customer service every opportunity she gets...

Not saying our beloved Red is any better in the Cust. Serv. department but ... I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't call anyone on my phone in a major city. :smileytongue:

I'm just glad the Touch Pro 2 came out. It gives me hope that the rest of the new smart phone will come soon...

But you know what else... T-mobile has amazing phones. I'm sure there's some conspiracy somewhere purposfully keeping them on a crappy network, otherwise they'd be freaking dominating the market.

0 Likes
glinc
Contributor - Level 1

Bye bye!!! good luck with T-mobile and your My Faves!!!

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

I know a bunch of people have left.  I personally would go with Sprint.  They don't have everything I want but they are getting new phones an Android phone is supposed to be on the horizon and they just announced the call any cell phone free plan.  Yeah that is awesome.  My understanding is their coverage here is much better than it was 8 years ago when I switched to Verizon.  Verizon has the best coverage around here by far but I want an Android phone with Querty Keyboard and removable memory.  I also want to be able to tap into the Android apps which are popping up all over and the full Google app set.  Yeah, awesome.  The Rogue is cool but I want the same thing with a better OS and more internal memory. From what I have been hearing all they are going to offer us is an Android phone from Motorola.  Awesome so we will finally have Android but we won't be able to use the phone as a phone.  Motorolas are useless on Verizon Network.  Give me a Samsung or LG Android phone I can use on the verizon Network and I will be in Cell phone heaven.  

0 Likes
HeyItsThatGuy
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon is actually getting the Motorola Sholes, which is supposed to be a superior Android phone to the CLIQ (from a hardware perspective). The phone has a hardware qwerty keyboard, removable memory and a faster processor than ANY Android-based phone on the market today.

http://androidandme.com/2009/08/news/motorola-sholes-for-verizon-new-predictions-and-cpu-specs/

http://www.htlounge.net/art/8395/motorola-sholes-to-turn-into-motorola-tao.html

0 Likes
Kak3232
0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

Yeah the Motorola like I said awesome.  It will be great except for all the dropped calls.  I have yet to get a Motorola phone worth anything on Verizon.  It has to do with how the phones communicate with the network.  I would much rather see a Samsung or LG.  Haven't had the pleasure of meeting an HTC so I don't know how I would like it. 

0 Likes
Paleogirl2003
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had a wonderful experience with my Motorola e815 - always had better reception than 90% of people, no dropped calls, wonderful UI that wasn't over-Verizonized, etc.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

Really mine kept going all white, dropping calls, not fully charging, It would hold on to a tower until you lost it and then start looking for the next tower, And the ear piece went out monthly.  I had 6 phones during my stint with that phone We upgraded the day my wife could upgrade with me.  I was told also by multiple Verizon employees in my area that it had known issues. 

0 Likes
Paleogirl2003
Enthusiast - Level 1

that's a shame cause I loved that phone (e815). 

I guess that's the same with most phones though - some people have great experiences and others not

I am definitely looking forward to the Sholes though.  I wonder if it will have full html with flash? 

I am assuming so due to this recent article says it will be available for all but the iphone (hahaha):

http://gizmodo.com/5374115/flash-101-full-flash-for-everyone-but-iphone-actually-playable-hd-vids

Also, just found out it may be releasing on Oct 30th:

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2009/10/05/motorola-droid-sholes-tao-launching-october-30th/

0 Likes