Netflix via HDMI...
helrzr215

I can play Netflix just fine on my Droid X but when I use my HDMI cable to attach it to my TV it dosen't want to work?! Does anybody have any ideas on this? My girlfriends Droid Charge will put the video on the TV but it will not transfer sound??? Any help would be greatly appreciated...:robotindifferent: 

0 Likes
Re: Netflix via HDMI...
galaxie500fb
Contributor - Level 2

The hdmi port on the droid x wasn`t intended to display protected content via hdmi. It only allows the use of displaying your own pictures and videos you make through the camera app. If you really need to do this then you need a 3rd party app such as real hdmi from gmann. It doesn`t allow for mirroring though so you`ll have to kind of feel your way around your phones display. 

0 Likes
Re: Netflix via HDMI...
HappyJackDaddy
Contributor - Level 1

I agree, Galaxie.  Real HDMI costs money.  There's a free app called Xternal Display that works fine.  As you said, though, there's a hardware limitation that prevents the Droid X from piping out the HDMI content and also displaying it on the phone's screen.  So you have to look at the TV but touch the phone's screen to navigate around.  Kind of like an old video game!  Once you're watching what you want to watch, you just sit back and watch.

0 Likes