Needing help with new download
wildcatphoto
Enthusiast - Level 2

So far, the new download is draining my battery much faster. How can I fix that?  My battery used to last all day, but no more. 

I also cannot get notifications for facebook and email anymore.  I have tried re-setting the settings and that doesn't work.  This is a bloody mess, why do they do this and what can be done about it?  How can I fix my issues?  Did I have a choice about downloading this mess?  I got the drift that I had to. 

0 Likes
Re: Needing help with new download
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Search is your friend; several threads about the Bionic update on this forum

Yes, you could have continued to not install the update; it would have reminded you periodically, but you didn't have to install the update.

With that being said, you may want to start by doing a system cache clear; it deletes any leftover code from the old operating system that may be lingering around.  With the new operating system, you also can disable any apps that you don't use and that don't affect other features; that could help your battery usage.

See if some of the info. in this thread helps:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/message/894880#894880

0 Likes
wildcatphoto
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wish they would just tell a person that one does not need the update to start with.  I thought it was something wonderful!  I disabled a lot of stuff already, so we will see how that goes.  I'm not sure how to do a system cache clear, but maybe I can find it.  Searching usually takes me three hours to find the right thing, and I have to work so there is no time for all the searching.  Thanks for the help. 

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yep, for folks anxiously awaiting ICS, it was great news, but for folks who had no idea it was coming (or even what ICS is, for that matter), it's been a royal pain.  There's a learning curve as well; it's like having a different phone to a certain extent.

The instructions for a system cache clear are in that link that I provided in the other post; re-posting is frowned upon or I'd give it again.  I believe it was toward the top of the thread.

0 Likes
wildcatphoto
Enthusiast - Level 2

After I tell it to reset phone, it says erase everything (gulp), and I am afraid to press that,   I'm not sure what everything is.  I do not use much for applications.  I have my emails, facebook, backup assistant plus which are most important.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

A system cache clear should not erase your stuff.  A factory reset is a different critter ...

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Hey Tik some good suggestion here! Smiley Happy

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Wildcat when doing  the F.D.R. i would just do the Factory Reset for Now Hold off a Bit on the internal Storage clearing to see how your phone does with just the Factory Reset) b33

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Wildcat:  if you do a factory reset, back everything up first

0 Likes
wildcatphoto
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm a chicken to do anything now.  Something I did, caused the Apps to not show up when I go to Apps.  There were only about five of them there.  Then I took the battery out and started over and got back to where I was, I think.  I'm really kind of lost at this point.  I may be beyond help.

0 Likes