Need some clarification on my droid 4
hpux

It did not ship with a microSD card. I assume based on the reviews I read that is standard.

It says it can take a 16 GB microSD card. Any reason why I can't buy a 32 GB microSD card and just drop it in there?

Also. When the phone rings it does not show the contact name even if the person is on my contact list. I think that is because its using my gmail account and the contacts are not actually on the phone. Can you tell me how to get the contacts to actually BE on the phone.

Also do I need to install an app to bluetooth pair the thing with my car? What app?

0 Likes
Re: Need some clarification on my droid 4
Spiral
Master - Level 1

As far as the micro SD card, from the Verizon Droid 4 details

Memory / Processor

Dual core 1.2 GHz processor & 1 GB of LP DDR2 RAM

• 16GB internal memory only (formatted capacity is less)
  • Supports up to 32GB microSD optional removable memory
    (sold separately)
  • Virtually limitless contacts (limited only by 16GB
    on–board memory)

Good luck

AZRACINGFAN

Spiral already answered your question on the SD card Smiley Happy.

Your contacts, regardless of Google or Phone, should populate on your device and should appear when they call/text  you and vice a versa.  If they aren't, mmmmm, doesn't sound right to me.

On the Bluetooth, you shouldn't need an APP to get it to connect to your car's bluetooth.  My wife has a Droid2 and I programmed it to when she sits in her car, and the car is on, within a minute of it running, the system 'connects' or 'pairs' with her D2.  Good luck!

By the way, I couldn't help notice on Verizon's website, that there are no new Droid 4 reviews.  Have you happened to write one yet and how do you like it? 

0 Likes
hpux

I could use a cookbook on the bluetooth stuff.

It doesn't make sense that I should have to install an app, but if that makes it easier.

I'm a blackberry convert and I have to admit they did bluetooth and centralized mail very well. They just did what I want from a OS standpoint very badly.

Thanks on the SD card, formatted capacity is considerably less than 16 GB, that much is certain. I'm going to go ahead and order mysef a 32 GB MicroSD card with my amazon bucks. The same amazon bucks I was not allowed to use to buy the phone by amazon wireless.

Review? Yes, though I'd probably post a copy to my technology journal. How do I post up a Droid 4 review?

0 Likes
hpux

How again do I copy the contacts copied from the gmail to the handset?

It was easy in the blackberry. I installed google sync and just clicked. That is how I avoided the usual pone switch "Where are my contacts" crisis. I'm actually rather proud of myself that no contacts are missing. Be nice to make a call when the Internet is down. 🙂

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If your contacts are saved in your Gmail account and you can view all of them online, just sign into your phone with that same Gmail account.

Your contacts are automatically synced with the phone and the Google servers and will be available from the phone even if you don't have an active data connection while making a phone call.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes