Native Music App causes Droid 2 to freeze
dboyceky

I have had my Droid 2 for a little over a week.  I am enjoying the phone very much.  The only problem I am having is that the phone freezes up when I play music through the native Android music player.  I have transferred music (MP3s and MP4s) using Media Share and my PC using a USB cable.  The music loaded fine and plays fine for a while (i.e. the phone recognizes and plays all files).  However, the phone tends to freeze when I change orientation of the screen from portrait to landscape and vice versa.  The music will continue playing with the screen frozen.  The on screen buttons do not respond.  The bottom row buttons of the phone do respond (i.e. phone vibrates) but the screen remains frozen for a while.  Eventually the phone backs out of the music app and the music stops.  I have also had instances where the screen goes dark and will not respond when I try to wake it up.  One instance the phone froze up on the lock screen.  In these cases I've been forced to pull the battery.  I have tried a factory reset.  I first noticed it the second day I had the phone, prior to installing any third party apps.  I have also tried running the music app in safe mode.  The problem seems to continue.  My son got the same phone the same day and has had the same issues. 

Went to Verizon store Sunday September 5; were informed this was a known software issue and a fix was "in the works".  Curious as I have not seen any posts on this yet the store said they had had 8 complaints as of Sunday. Any thoughts why this device has trouble running a simple music player?

Can someone from Verizon verify?

0 Likes
Re: Native Music App causes Droid 2 to freeze
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
I know I am not with Verizon, but I have not had the problem... for the meanwhile you could try a third party music app from the market.
0 Likes
dboyceky
Any music app you would suggest?
0 Likes
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
I use lithium, but it cost like 2.50... try searching "music player" and trying a few of the free one that pop up.
0 Likes