Re: NOT happy with the updates
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Where did the OP say that they were complaining about not having ICS?  Best I can tell, they've made two posts total on this forum, both in this thread, and neither indicated that they were complaining about not having ICS.

0 Likes
pjw1981

it not the thing about not wanting the ics for the phone.  But on the droid bonic there are issues with the updates.  Most likely a rush to get out as part of the mass request for it.  On the other hand my phone should not take 10 secs longer then normal load time to boot a ios system on a phone.  Two when you open a menu it keeps saying wait or hit ok.  There are issues with it.  Maybe they were overlooked during the programming the phone.  Yes the layout is nice and ease of access when the phone works right or loads properly.  But overall performance on the phone sucks.  It is slow takes about 30 sec to a 1 minute longer then the old system.  Texting on the phone is alot slower.  It does take about 3secs or 10 secs longer to send a text.  But i am sorry overall performance i am displeased.  Unless motorala release a fix to the ics it will be a long time before the bonic is up to par compared to the newer phones.  And it is truely sad that the bonic was the last phone to get the ics.  Which unforntally in turned the performance on it was cut in half.  Personally I work on computers and I even build computers but i am sorry i am and well displeased til a security fix for the bonic is released.  The system is buggie as three dollar frieght train.  I would suggested that it needs to addressed before customers like me and amoung others switch service.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

While some are reporting issues, others are not.  I, for one, have had no issues whatsover, no lags, etc.  As noted above, have you tried doing a soft reset and/or clearing the phone cache?

0 Likes
jaymadd
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have to agree with tikibar1. I've had 1 issue with ics and it's really just a minor thing that ics doesn't do that GB did. I've had no problems with texts, email, lag etc. If you are still experiencing problems maybe there was an error that occurred during the install (happens with the best of programs). Take your phone to your nearest Verizon Wireless that offers a technician and have them work on your phone. They should be able to get you up and running properly.

0 Likes
Not applicable

tikibar1 wrote:

Where did the OP say that they were complaining about not having ICS?  Best I can tell, they've made two posts total on this forum, both in this thread, and neither indicated that they were complaining about not having ICS.

Not the OP Bionic owners in general. I meant the YOU in general terms not a specific person.Go back and read the pre-ICS threads.

0 Likes
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

The only issues I had on the Bionic was right after installing it and while it was optimizing the phone. Since the Optimization is complete (can take up to 72 hours) the phone has worked flawlessly. It is more responsive, faster, easier to navigate and an overall better experience.

If you have had this on your phone for a couple of days and are still having the issues I would recommend a Phone Cache Wipe (it will not touch any of your apps or data). The Cache wipe will clear out all of the old remnants of code, and stuff.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

klondike22 wrote:

if the Display Suggested Address feature doesn't work?   this feature does work, at least on my phone; you've verified that you have it on? 

email > click on gear in lower right-hand corner > choose your e-mail account > ensure that "Display suggested addresses' is checked

The only solution seems to be to switch my email to a google account, which is not my preference.  you do not have to use gmail for your e-mail if you don't want to

Your contacts are all still on your phone aren't they (only now under People)?

0 Likes
klondike22

DISPLAY SUGGESTED is on. When I now enter an email adress by hand into my Phone Contacts (PEOPLE), this feature will work when I start to address an email. But having switched to a smart phone in June, I never had need to enter emails into all my phone contacts.

Yes, my phone contacts are still there (under PEOPLE), but the email addresses did not get transferred to that list. Is there some way to transfer a file from earthlink to the Bionic? Something like what I had to do with a .PST file for Outlook when I switched from PC to MAC?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

klondike22 wrote:

Yes, my phone contacts are still there (under PEOPLE), but the email addresses did not get transferred to that list. Is there some way to transfer a file from earthlink to the Bionic? Something like what I had to do with a .PST file for Outlook when I switched from PC to MAC?

I'm working on just such a thing in the other thread ... give me about 10 minutes to finish my post.

0 Likes
pjw1981

i did a soft reset the one thats in the forums for clearing the cache from the phone.  It did help alot but it still alittle lagish at times.  Other then it had been working great since the phone cache being cleared out maybe it was install too.  But it still has minor bugs in it.  One the boot time is still alittle long at times not all the times but it did speed up alittle.  As for the overall since the clearing the cache it is alittle slow with the data connection on wifi.  Like I said before yes i am upset that my phone is not working right but the soft reset fixed most of the issues so far only time well tell if it is completely working right.

0 Likes