Re: Phone on two networks
eddiejt

wow, I knew this comment was going to get some attention. Be it good or bad, thanks for all the comments. To clear things up a bit. I never intended to say ALL phone problems are the users fault. However, it was an attention grabber to say the least. just think about this if you will, how many people do you know will call verizon thinking they will get a droid2 or an HTC incredible now. You have probably thought about it yourself. These are the people I am speaking of.  It irks me to no end thinking people should get something for nothing. Anyway, it was a good post . Have a great day.

0 Likes
Re: NEVER A PHONE PROBLEM, USER ERROR is most likely the issue.
Cobjones
Contributor - Level 1
You are still lying about being on tmobile and att with the droid without adding a gsm chipset to it.

You can get on cricket, alltell... and if you know certain people you can get on sprint metro pcs and other CDMA regionals....

0 Likes
jrussell34

You are not alone, I am now waiting for my 3rd Droid (which they have to mail to me since there none available in the stores) so we all know what that means, it'll be another refurbished phone.  This has all occured within 10 months of owning the phone.

I have asked also for a different phone and got refused.  I think all of us that have had this problem should get together a file a complaint and reguest new models.  There is strengh in numbers.

0 Likes
RiggityRow
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree with cobjones. Verizon, Sprint, Nextel, Cricket and Alltel all operate using CDMA networks. That's why phones sold on ebay/craigslist say the carrier.  If the description says works for Verizon the phone will only work on the Verizon network, and the same for Sprint, Alltel, Alaska Wireless, etc. Newer smartphone models are now dual CDMA and GSM compatible. Some CDMA phones such as the Blackberry Storm and the Blackberry Tour can be unlocked to be used on GSM phone networks such as AT&T, T-Mobile, etc but i doubt the original DROID falls under this description.  I call bull.

0 Likes