My third x2 with big problems in 3 months, and VZW wants me to spend $210 to fix it
lvsteven

Whoa boy,

I purchased a new droid x2 with my new service contract 2 days before the unlimited plan was taken away in the first week of july.

A month later the micro USB stopped sending DATA but would charge.

Not to mention the bad crackling music issues and random reboots requiring a battery pull TWICE a day at least.

Exchange in a bestbuy store for a NEW x2 and this model had the same random reboots, crashing apps (like system apps, market etc) and finally the headphone jack stopped working.

Called Verizon and they exchanged the phone for a second time (THIS IS NOW MY THIRD PHONE COMING TO ME)

The rep told me that if THIS phone is not working or fails, the following happens:

1. VZW will look at my payment history, see if my payments were ever over 30 days late (they havent been)

2. VZW will look to see if my account is a large one (it is, $125 unlimited plan, i use like 6000 minutes a month due to work)

3. VZW tech support sends this to a supervisor who can authorize a different type of handset.

4. VZW supervisors can authorize i pay a difference if i cannot find a phone that is the same class for the same retail price.

Today after my third device started to fail:

1. overheating, battery (3 month old battery) rapidly charging/discharging

2. Headphone jack - again..

3. Random reboots even on the newest build of android

I called VZW who said that they have NO IDEA that they EVER exchange for a different phone unless motorola/samsung/HTC/Whomever issued a recall.

He checked my account and said there were (gasp!) notes indicating they would exchange for a different handset.

Either

a) HTC Incredible 2 (single core CPU)

or

b) Droid 3 (smaller inferior screen)

How are these comparable devices?

But that i would have to pay them for a battery and battery cover because they do not ever send replacements like that.

Or i can you know, buy them onine somewhere.

CALLED BACK

and had a rep say they would move my early upgrade up to now and charge me $200-$300 for a new hanset if i want, i could also get a rebate for my phone ($45) but that it would likely be rejected due to it BEING A MALFUNCTIONING DEVICE.

I am so upset right now that I cannot see why I dont simply spend $200-$300 after getting a NEW x2 refurb sent to me, sell THAT phone on ebay for a few hundred dollars and cancel my account, take my business somewhere else and forget these clowns.

VERIZON, THIS HOW YOU TAKE CARE OF CUSTOMERS?

Honestly... this is a big loop of junk i am getting very tired of dealing with.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Why do reps have no idea whats going on?

They act like these policies elabourately explained to me have never happened before and are all made up by a pixie dust princess fairy or something.

Crazy.

0 Likes
Re: My third x2 with big problems in 3 months, and VZW wants me to spend $210 to fix it
keiffers
Contributor - Level 1

yeah service has gone considerably down hill in the past few years....in 09 they had awesome customer service. I left for AT&T to get an iPhone and came back in Nov '10 and their service showed obvious signs of degradation. This is just more proof of that. Verzion can very easily replace your phone with a different NEW model if they want to....it won't hurt them at all. They could have provided me with a replacement SD card when their OS update corrupted it yet they failed miserably at that basically saying 'its not our problem'.

I love my Droid X...its an awesome phone, but VZW and Moto have failed miserably with how they have handled the numerous problems that they created when they pushed GB to the phones. The Blur UI has severely degraded the power of the phone as well as the multiple changes that VZW makes to the OS once they get it from Moto to have it work with their network settings. I still have a year until my contract officially ends but IF I were able to change today, I may actually consider going back to AT&T and getting another iPhone, since they have no decent Android phones. 4G doesn't matter to me, but VZW can't even provide me with decent 3G service in a sustained metro area (i.e. NOT rural) where they say they have SOLID 3G service and have begun introducting 4G. Atleast with AT&T I "ALWAYS" had 3G service with my iPhone and never had drops in service. I used to praise VZW but not anymore.....none of the established carriers have outstanding service anymore, but VZW sure doesn't rank up among the better ones in my opinion

0 Likes
Re: My third x2 with big problems in 3 months, and VZW wants me to spend $210 to fix it
bolski
Enthusiast - Level 3

If they would allow us to unlock the boot loader, issues like this could be fixed within the user community.

Big Red doesn't want to do that.

Might be time to move on to another carrier that doesn't restrict it's users.

0 Likes